Transcendence Eight Preamp Special

avahifi

« on: 24 Dec 2005, 06:04 pm »
I have an absolutely lovely "one off" Transcendence Eight SL preamplifier with phono circuits available at $999 plus $18 shipping.

This unit is built in our small SL chassis with a special faceplate, gold lettering and graphics on a black background.  It was a test sample faceplate to see how the gold graphics would work for us.

If you would like a wonderful pure tube preamp with RIAA phono circuits, contact us promptly (651-330-9871), there will never be another one just like this one.

It has our three year parts and labor warranty and 30 day satisfaction guarantee of course.

Frank Van Alstine

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #1 on: 31 Dec 2005, 01:37 pm »
Frank,

I'm using a Squeeze Box (SB) for all my sources (internet radio and ripped CDs) so I don't "need" a pre-amp as the SB has a digital domain volume control and full remote functioning.  I'm using 89 dB/w/m single driver speakers rated to handle 80 wpc peaks (2 channel system).  I'm in the market for a new amp.

The price of the 8SL plus Omegastar 240EX is close to the price of the Fet Valve 350 EXR.  I don't need the extra power of the 350.  Going with the separates I could replace the 240 later and gain flexibility.  I'd like to add tube magic, so which route would be best?

avahifi

« Reply #2 on: 2 Jan 2006, 07:22 pm »
This special Transcendence Eight appears to be sold to a client in Greece, pending the appearance of a money order in the mail.

Frank Van Alstine