omega xrs

tvyankee

omega xrs
« on: 23 Dec 2005, 02:43 am »
i just want to say that these speakers kick ass.i have them in my system right now and they are with ss amps and i can tell you that with the power that these speakers really sing.

i am listening to the blues right now and i can't get over how real they sound.

i was at loui's today and i got to tell you that these little floor standers really sing.

i was thinking that they wouldn't song as good as they do but they are so real and very engaging.

if your thinking about singal drivers you should check these out.

i think they need some power to get them going but when they have the right thing they sing.

Louis O

omega xrs
« Reply #1 on: 23 Dec 2005, 03:07 am »
Hi tvyankee,

Many thanks for stopping by today and giving a listen to the XRSs. I was really shocked myself when I built the prototypes. They have a lot of punch and can handle all the amps I have as well as your nuforce. This was quite a test. They really liked the rock as well as the jazz. Thanks again for the dac cable and letting me hear the Twisted pair cables. They are a great value too.

I’ll have pictures of the CES pair in Zebrawood up and Vinnie will post them as well as the Super Hemps. They are well under $1000 and  mass loaded.

Way more soon.

Thanks again,
Louis

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
omega xrs
« Reply #2 on: 23 Dec 2005, 11:36 pm »
What are the Omega xrs?

Louis O

omega xrs
« Reply #3 on: 24 Dec 2005, 02:02 am »
Hi JLM,

They are Floorstanding Super 3s that’s set up and specifically tuned to react with room boundaries. The cabinet is built like the V2s with triple layer construction, separate chamber for mass (preloaded at the factory). Newest damping and Precision port. The XRS have a built in Tilt that's adjustable and the dimensions are 27"H x 11"W x 7.5"D. The Finishes include all the Laminates plus Macassar Ebony, Teak and Zebrawood. I'll have the Zebrawood for CES and will take pictures to post. Vinnie will post them and we are working on redoing the site. The grills are magnetized like all the speakers and the will have a brushed Brass nameplate.

The sound is very similar to the Super 3s and they have a lot of weight. It's scary how much bass output they make (deep, clean, and very articulate, no smearing and disconnected hollow sound). Cabinet vibration is reduced from the mass and the mids are super clean and amazing resolution. They are also very room friendly and very easy to place. I place them 2 to 3 feet away from the back wall and with toe in. The wide baffle makes a big difference in sound and placement.

Pics are next.

Thanks again,
Louis

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
omega xrs
« Reply #4 on: 24 Dec 2005, 02:18 am »
Hey Louie,

I can't' wait to get my own pair and try them in my new home.  I love the Super 3 V2s and if these can do everything that the V2s can do but with more bass weight, I will be floored (no pun intended) and I can't wait!!!  

Get back to work, Louie!!!  8)

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
omega xrs
« Reply #5 on: 24 Dec 2005, 06:13 am »
Quote from: JLM
What are the Omega xrs?
    Photo from the last NY Rave...[/list:u]
    [/list:u]
      [/list:u]
        Excellent finish....excellent sound !! :wink: [/list:u]

GHM

omega xrs
      « Reply #6 on: 24 Dec 2005, 09:33 am »
      OOOOooooh!   :o I like I like...beautiful speakers Louis! I would love to hear them sometime. I like non-disconnected, unhollow bass... something common BRs are known for with the exception of the Omega Single driver BRs I've heard.Always very fast on their feet. Keep up the good work!

Louis O

omega xrs
      « Reply #7 on: 30 Dec 2005, 03:14 am »
      Hi Vinnie,

Thanks and the do have more bass weight and definition. The new style cabinet and the mass loading really help. Hopefully I will be able to check out the new hemps with it too. I would like to offer a special AC version and special price too. I’m working and the coffee cloud is really thick. I think they have all the roasters running today.

Hi lonewolfny42,

Many thanks for the great pics and the Rave was so much fun. I’m glad I stayed to the end and your CDs kicked. The Teac was a great combo too. I’m so happy you liked the XRSs. Vinnie has the new link with more info.

Hi GHM,

Many thanks fior kind words and they are very fast and image great too. The tilt back is great for this. The room placement is very easy as well. My alignments are pretty different and I convert Sealed box alignments.

Thanks again,
      Louis

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
        • http://www.vinnierossi.com
      omega xrs
      « Reply #8 on: 31 Dec 2005, 03:28 am »
      Check it out!

http://www.redwineaudio.com/Omega_Super3_XRS.html

Can't wait to hear them!  That damn tvyankee beat me to it  :mrgreen:

Louis O

omega xrs
      « Reply #9 on: 3 Jan 2006, 12:11 am »
      Hi Vinnie,

Thanks for the link and more to come soon. I will have better pics too.

Thanks again,
      Louis

tvyankee

omega xrs
      « Reply #10 on: 3 Jan 2006, 03:25 am »
      hey:

the xrs's are starting to break in now.i have been playing them alot and they are really sounding good.i think the bottom end is going a little lower then louis is saying on his sight.

they also image and soundstage really well.i was playing around today with my vrs-1 sub and set the crossover at about 60 and they seem to work pretty well together.

i think has a real good thing going on with these and anyone that picks up a pair will not be let down.