Just received my modded SB3!

eros28

« on: 16 Dec 2005, 07:04 pm »
:D  I just wanted to say thanks to Vinnie for the modded SB3. I haven't installed the software or even plugged it in. I just wanted to comment that Vinnie did a great packing job!  :mrgreen:   The box had a small dent in one of the corners but when I opened it up it was in perfect shape. The caps are snugg and stiff, no moving around there.

I can't wait to play with this little bad boy. Once again thanks and I post my comments as I break it in.

PS Delivery time was excellent! Was sent from Vinnie's Dec 9 and I received it here in Vancouver, BC, yesterday (mailman came but no one was home). Another canuck with a Squeeze Box!

oris98

« Reply #1 on: 17 Dec 2005, 12:44 am »
Hi eros28,

I live in Vancouver too.  I have the RWA modded SB3 but digital mod only to use with my Benchmark DAC1.  If you are interest, we should link up and discuss our experience of this unit..  I aways wondering if the analog mod is better than the DAC1.  What do you think ?

eros28

« Reply #2 on: 17 Dec 2005, 07:58 pm »
Hi Oris98;

Great to hear that another Vancoverite is enjoying Vinnie's work. I played around with the SB3 yesterday but will reserve my opinions and comments for a later date as I only have mp3 (@ 128 - 192 kbps) on my computer and my gear is pretty outdated and non-audiophile.

Just by looking at your sig I would love to get together and hear your system. As you may know I only have the anolog mod done to my SB3. I would be interesting to hear and compare both.

Maybe we can see about meeting up after this crazy holiday season?

Cristian

beatdownvictim

• http://DOULIK.COM
« Reply #3 on: 17 Dec 2005, 08:54 pm »
I'm a vancouverite too! i didn't get my squeezebox 2 to vinnie in time for mods, but i do appreciate his work.  I've got a modded teac from him and i'm lovin it.  It's funny, I think i've got the ghettofied version of the ideal AC setup.  Anyway, it's cool to see so many vancouverites on AC, i thought it was only me!  Anyway, i'm enjoying vinnie's work, as are many others.  He's a class act, and when i get all my school fees paid off, cha ching! analogue mods are coming my way!

Regards,
Carson

oris98

« Reply #4 on: 17 Dec 2005, 10:45 pm »
That's greate !  Wow at least we have 3 Vancouverite here.. I would love to get to gather for a shoot out between digital mod and analog mod.  It the analog mod is as good as my digital mod plus DAC1, I will get it done too and get rid of my DAC1.   I have been busy in evaluating a good to upgrade from my ACI Force.. Get into a bigger room and need a bit of more power.  I will be available during 27 - 29.  This is my HiFi holiday (taking some time off).  Let me know if those two 3 days are good for you ?  Thanks.

beatdownvictim

• http://DOULIK.COM
« Reply #5 on: 18 Dec 2005, 03:49 am »
other vancouverites include fife, and tyee whom i met at work! wow there's a few of us!!! i'm down for anything after christmas! i'll bring the stock SB2 while we compare the digital and analogue mods.  hell i'll bring my teac too, why not?

eros28

« Reply #6 on: 18 Dec 2005, 04:49 am »
Wow! There are quite a few of us. Could this mean the start of the Vancouver  Audio Circle?

I would gladly bring my new toy to a get together! I do have a week off work after Christmas but it might be a bit hard to organize due to Holiday festivities. Perhaps in January sometime (on a weekend) where we would devote a day or atleast a few hours to some critical listening.

Oris98: I would love to here your Force Sub.

oris98

« Reply #7 on: 18 Dec 2005, 10:52 pm »
Sounds good guys..  I always want to setup a Vancouver HiFi Audio club or Audio Circle.. But just never know who are interested..
If we have more poeple involve, we can manage to borrow some good audio equipement which have good review but no dealers in Vancouver for auditioning.  I've been interested in getting the Empirical Audio modded Benchmark and the Modwright Tube 999ES CDP for audition..  We should talk about this in our first round of meeting !

What do you guys think ?