Adrian's Xmas concerts...

jedi35

« on: 15 Dec 2005, 07:41 pm »
Hi guys,
I really enjoyed the Xmas party the other day. It was nice to meet those of you who were there. I know there is already a concert thread, but I'm hoping that you all won't mind if I start a new one. A few of you have asked and I thought the info would be easier to find, so here are the details:

Manchester Methodist Church
"Gloria-The Music of John Rutter"
December 18, 2005
7:30pm
129 Woods Mill Road
Manchester MO 63011
636-394-4662
admission is free

Bach Society Xmas Candlelight Concerts
December 20 and 21, 2005
7:30pm each night
718 N. Grand Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63103
314-533-2500
post here if you're interested, and I'll see if I can get free tickets

Adrian

steve k

« Reply #1 on: 15 Dec 2005, 08:04 pm »
Hi Adrian,
It was a pleasure meeting you as well. Sturgus, Scott and I were planning on bringing our wives to the Bach Society concert on 12/21. Let us know if we'll need to buy tickets or not. We're looking forward to it.
steve k

jedi35

« Reply #2 on: 16 Dec 2005, 09:01 am »
Hey Steve,
I should find out about tickets once I'm at the rehearsal on Sat., though there is a chance that I won't get the info until Monday's rehearsal. I'll press the contractor, and post here when I find out. I'm thrilled that some of you are interested in coming!!

electricbear

sundays concert
« Reply #3 on: 17 Dec 2005, 05:22 pm »
I'm planning on going to the sunday gig at the church. The last time I went it was very good.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #4 on: 17 Dec 2005, 09:15 pm »
That church is not too far from me.  I'm thinking about bringing the wife and kids on Sunday.

jedi35

« Reply #5 on: 18 Dec 2005, 04:30 pm »
This is great!! I'd love to say hi to everybody after the concert, so please come up and find me. My family should be there as well. My mom and nephew arrived yesterday, and my sister already lives here.

Steve, Sturgus and Scott
I managed to snag paired tickets for De. 21 at Powell Hall. I was lucky, as all of the tickets that are paired together are now gone. If anyone else is interested in coming Tues. or Wed., you may have to settle for single tickets, if any are left, or you might be stuck with buying singles or pairs. I'll find out if tickets are being sold through Powell's Box Office(314-534-1700), or at some other location. Let me know either way.

Thanks,
Adrian

steve k

« Reply #6 on: 18 Dec 2005, 05:17 pm »
That's great, Adrian! We'll see you on the 21st. Thanks for getting the tickets. Do we pick them up at the box office the night of the show?
steve k

sturgus

« Reply #7 on: 18 Dec 2005, 06:14 pm »
Adrian, thanks very much getting the tickets. Where should we pick them up?
I look forward to hearing the concert. I will get with Steve and Scott and find aplace to meet. Once again Adrian thank you.
Sturgus

Scott F.

« Reply #8 on: 18 Dec 2005, 11:07 pm »
Thats great news!

I'm looking forward to the concert. It's been a long time since Laura and I have been to Powell. Guessing, it was last year when we were there last.

Thanks and see you the 21st!!

jedi35

« Reply #9 on: 20 Dec 2005, 06:02 pm »
Sorry that I've been missing for a bit. My car rolled down a hill while I was playing last Sunday night and crashed into a light pole. It's totalled. I did find out that I can leave tickets at the Powell Hall box office, and you guys can pick them up on the night of the 21st. I'll take the tickets in tonight. It might be easier if I just put my name on the envelope, and the six of you who are going can just grab your pair. There are 4 seats together, and then a seperate pair. Sorry that I couldn't get all six in a row. If you have any questions, get me on my cell before concert time(314-276-8843). I'd love to say hello after the concert, so if you can just come around to the stage door entrance on the Delmar side of the building. It'll be a bit crowded, probably, and the guard might not let anyone through. I'll come out as quickly as I can.

Adrian

steve k

« Reply #10 on: 20 Dec 2005, 06:11 pm »
Sounds great, Adrian. We'll see you there. Sorry to hear about your car. That wasn't very nice of it!
steve k.

jedi35

« Reply #11 on: 20 Dec 2005, 11:37 pm »
I've got a mechanic who thinks he can fix the car. He said that he's seen a lot worse and got things fixed well. He's done work for me before, and he was highly recommended by another friend. I think I'd rather pay the repair bill than face adding a car note.

Scott F.

« Reply #12 on: 21 Dec 2005, 01:48 am »
Thats a bummer about your car.

See you tomorrow night :mrgreen:

steve k

« Reply #13 on: 22 Dec 2005, 05:01 am »
A thousand thanks to Adrian for his hospitality at the Bach Society Christmas concert tonight. Wow, what a show! My favorite was the Eighth Day of Christmas played to the Cry of the Valkyries.  :lol:

We're proud and quite lucky to have another top notch musician amongst us. Good job, Adrian and have a wonderful holiday!
steve k

Scott F.

« Reply #14 on: 22 Dec 2005, 06:59 am »
You guys that didn't get to go this evening, you missed a phenominal concert. If you enjoy choirs, this would have been the show for you. We had (about) a 60 voice adult mixed choir and the second half of the concert the Childrens Choir of St Louis (about 50 more voices) joined the mixed choir.

Just in case you want to hear it, tune into Classic 99 Friday night at 8:05 and you can hear what you missed.

Adrian, great job! Hey, since you guys recorded the event, are you guys going to release it on CD? Oh, did Mr Wantanabe mention when his son and Kodo were coming back to town?

jedi35

« Reply #15 on: 22 Dec 2005, 07:27 am »
Thanks to everypne who made it out to the concert!! I felt really special having so many friends out there. I had a total of nine guests tonight. Wonderful. I've done several of these Xmas concerts in Powell Hall and I think this one was probably the best so far.

Scott,
No, there won't be an official cd release of this concert. The recordings from the Tues. and Wed. night  concerts were made only for the purpose of radio broadcasting, after they are edited. We've been paid a fee for that, and union rules would have required a lot more money be paid to us for a cd release. I'm buddies with the guy who owns Digital Options, the company that usually records the Bach Society, and even he won't slip me cds under the table when union musicians are involved. Haruka told me that he wasn't sure when his son and Kodo would be back for a performance. He said that they travel a lot, and suggested just checking the kodo website for info(I'll bet a seach should pop it up easily).

Happy Holidays, everyone.

jedi35

« Reply #16 on: 24 Dec 2005, 03:51 am »
For those who are wondering, I've decided not to spend the money to have my car fixed. I just closed a deal on a used '95 Mazda MX-6 for not a lot of money. It has 92,000 miles on it, but I'll have AAA check it out for any serious things that might need looking at. I'm protected by a short guarantee, so I think I'll be ok. Knock on wood...

DeadFish

« Reply #17 on: 24 Dec 2005, 12:13 pm »
Hey Adrian,
Hope your new car works out for you, but thank God we live in the future where that many miles is just past break-in, so to speak.
Really sorry to have missed your concert as Bach was my first favorite classical music that I went out and spent money for.  (still do when the music is right.)  Too much pre-christmas to enjoy myself right now.
   Best wishes on the holiday, and hope to catch you perform another time.

Best Regards,
DeadFish

jcrane

« Reply #18 on: 24 Dec 2005, 12:26 pm »
HEY DF
Sorry we haven't caught up yet to settle on the pre-amp.
I am working again tonight then I am running home to see my parents first thing Sunday morning. I should be back Tues night or Wed afternoon. I am on Vacation for the next week after that so just let me know when you have some free time. I will be pretty flexiable through the first week of the new year. Let me know

Jamie

steve k

« Reply #19 on: 24 Dec 2005, 02:00 pm »
Congrats on the new car, Adrian. Mazdas are great cars. I had a 626 and an RX-7 in "the day" and they were both very well built, dependable cars. I still miss that RX-7. Traded it in on a minivan with for the kids. Doesn't that just break your heart?  :(

Have a nice holiday and maybe if your schedule lightens up after the holidays, we'll introduce the VTL's to the ML's.
steve k