Where's the live webcam feed of the festivities?

mark@marktwain

« Reply #20 on: 12 Dec 2005, 09:04 pm »
er, a 75.89!

mark@marktwain

« Reply #21 on: 12 Dec 2005, 09:47 pm »
What a great time! Can we do it again next Saturday? Huh, huh, can we!  :bounce:

Glad to meet more of the gang, make a bunch of new friends and add faces to the handles. I'm so looking foward to the next time. Thanks to Scott for hosting and thanks to Laura for the wonderful eats!

Scott, I love your gear setup and the tune library (you want to hear what, yeah I got some of that). The lowthers/goodmans and DRD's are to die for, so sweeeeet. As someone else said, you're there buddy! :rock:

Willie, Frankenstein is awesome! I want one! Those 45's and 50's just mesmerize me. :notworthy:   I'll be getting in touch whenever I find the time and money to start building a convertible amp ie: 2a3/45/50/300b, who knows when that'll be though.
Deadfish I'm sorry we didn't get to hear your gear I really wanted to listen to the Cornet2, maybe some other time.  :bawl: The squeezebox's sounded amazing, even the stock one, I'll probably have to get one sometime. But I'm and old school guy and I kinda like the interaction with flippin disks and inserting cd's. I never went for the multi-disk cd players either.

DeadFish

« Reply #22 on: 13 Dec 2005, 03:14 am »
Er, uh....
Scott, I'll go out on a limb here if you are getting rid of that 'redundant turntable' and bid $95 PLUS photoshop a picture of you in a 'logo-thong'.
heheheheh
Or should I promise NOT to photoshop a picture of you....;-)

AND to chime in with some previous opinions, although I liked the very best of what the SB had to offer, it is ultimately a pinacle of digital playback which I will (probably) forever have reserves about compared to  analog/vinyl.  It's kind of philosophically political on my part on the two formats, but this isn't the time and place for that discussion.
On the other hand, yeah, I'll probably buy one. ;-)  (I'm such an audio-slut!)

Mark, it was great meeting ya, and if you are ever getting down this way with time to burn, you are welcome to a listen to the Cornet 2 anytime.  
HOPEfully somewhere into this new year we'll get together again where someone is spinning vinyl.  I've really gotten attached to how it sounds with my gear, though admittedly, upgrading the Rega Elys cart might be one of this coming year's 'things-to-do.'   And once again, your amps sounded great.
That ST-35 clone would sound right at home on the Altecs.  (drool!)

Now, how do we talk Scott and Laura into taking a vacation and letting us house-sit...?  
:-D

Best,
DF

Scott F.

« Reply #23 on: 13 Dec 2005, 05:20 am »
Quote from: DeadFish
Er, uh....
Scott, I'll go out on a limb here if you are getting rid of that 'redundant turntable' and bid $95 PLUS photoshop a picture of you in a 'logo-thong'.
heheheheh
Or should I promise NOT to photoshop a picture of you....;-)

Bill, If you are talking about this one, your too late :D

I'm not sure but, I think you guys might need to add a zero or two to the back of your bids (and no, I don't mean after a decimal point).

Quote from: Willie
I could remember is that glorious midrange! Close but not the same. Enjoy it Buddy, you are there!

It's been a looong (freaking expensive) road but I think you're right. You're partially to blame. You and all your uber-amps :mrgreen: Trouble is, I can think of a couple of more things I could do to make it sound even better. Nothing too major, just tweaks and some mods to my gear.

I'd like to get my AR EC3 crossover back in the system(it popped a power supply cap). Once I rebuild it, it should be even more transparent and more dynamic than the Pioneer. Then I need to get some Eichmann bullets and start re-doing my cabling to do a braided geometry. After that, I'm pretty much done. Although I've got the Jensen Imperial bass cabinets for the Goodmans in the back of my mind.

Oh, and then there is building and installing my remote control kit that I bought from Bill at Response. And then there is.....

.....who am I kidding, I'll never be done - just like all you sick puppies  :lol:

mark@marktwain

« Reply #24 on: 13 Dec 2005, 04:51 pm »
Hey can one of you guys tell me the name of the artist and the cd title for the one we were listening to of the chick with the lungs the size of tanker trucks?

Thanks,
Mark

steve k

« Reply #25 on: 13 Dec 2005, 06:38 pm »
Rachelle Ferrell--Individuality

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #26 on: 13 Dec 2005, 08:18 pm »
Glad to hear you admit you're hooked Scott.  I almost busted out laughing when I read that you were 'about done'.  Them's almost fightin' words...

When you get the ARC rebuilt, let me know.  I'd love to hear it.  Maybe you'll sell me that Pioneer then...