Music on DVD Video

John Bauder

Music on DVD Video
« Reply #20 on: 26 Jan 2003, 05:29 am »
I just watched Cher's 1999 Believe concert which was live in Las Vegas.   Loved it!

lo mein

Music on DVD Video
« Reply #21 on: 29 Jan 2003, 03:03 am »
I picked up two classic rock concert DVDs this afternoon.

Steve Marriott Live, and Procol Harum Live in Copenhagen.

---------------

- Steve Marriott Live.

Filmed live in 1985, at London's Camden Palace Theatre. With his band 'Packets of Three'.

If you like no nonsense, gimmick-free British blues-rock/rock n roll at its best.  You'll love this dvd.

Steve Marriott was in tip-top shape.  The whole group were smoking hot!!!

Extremely high energy. Superb sound quality in DD5.1.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

------------------

- Procol Harum Live in Copenhagen...

The only thing I can say about this dvd is -- very polite and laid-back...

Sleppy time...ZZZZzzzzzzzzzz............

I'll return it tomorrow.

Alex

John Bauder

Music on DVD Video
« Reply #22 on: 30 Jan 2003, 06:17 pm »
Last night I watched Elton John, One Night Only concert at Madison Square Garden.  It was filmed in 2000 I believe.  Very very good.  Like most singers his range has changed some with age but he hit most of the high notes and when he could not he rewrote that passage to fit his current range.  He was great!  There were guest appearances by Billy Joel, Bryan Adams, Anastacia, Mary J Blige, Ronan Keating and Kiki Dee.  I love Billy Joel and Mary J Blige - although the song she did with EJ did not suit her voice IMO.  I was really impressed with Anastacia.  But Kiki Dee!  OMG!

Kiki Dee was recording a few years before Elton John so I am assuming she is older.  Man did she look great!   They performed Don't Go Breaking My Heart so well it prompted me to look around to see what might be available from Kiki Dee.  I just ordered a NOS Kiki Dee LP.  I will report on it when I get.

HarleyMYK

The Last Waltz
« Reply #23 on: 5 Feb 2003, 03:19 pm »
Did I miss any mention of "The Last Waltz", the Band's last concert in the mid 1970's?

Besides the great cinematography, direction by Martin Scorsese, and The Band; there is Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, Muddy Watters, Neil Diamond, Paul Butterfield, Ringo Star, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Dr. John (Mac Rebennack), Ronnie (The Hawk) Hawkins, and others!  Not as high fidelity as HFO, but still a great classic in my mind.  The work that went into the film, as described in the bonus tracks, is mind boggling.

PS.  So far the only DVD's I have bought instead of renting have been music DVDs.  Nothing else I have seen do I want to see for more than a couple of times.

Tonto Yoder

Music on DVD Video
« Reply #24 on: 6 Feb 2003, 03:20 am »
I've only bought two movie DVD's, but a number of concert DVD's almost all of which I love.
My favorites are "Best of Sessions at West 54th," featuring various artists who've appeared on that show; Joni Mitchell "Painting in Songs and Words" (later Joni which I prefer); Rickie Lee Jones "At the Wiltern";and "Down From the Mountain," the concert that was a companion to the movie "O Brother Where Art Thou."

saluto1121

Music on DVD Video
« Reply #25 on: 15 Mar 2005, 09:49 am »
akshobhyavajra I completely agree with your words.