Audition Pack, now on website

Wayne1

« on: 28 Apr 2003, 10:56 pm »
I have just made a few additions to the website. The MENSA Plus DI/O audition pack is now on-line and can be ordered.

I have decided on a couple of changes to the make-up of the pack. It will contain a standard and a Cryo-Treated Digital Cable and a pair of standard and Cryo-Treated M-80 Audio Interconnect cables. I will also include a NITRO power cable with the Furutech Rhodium Plated connectors.

This way you can determine for yourself if Cryo-Treament is for real or just snake oil.:? You can also determine if power cables make any difference to the sound of your system.

I just sent off the cables to be Cryo-Treated today. When they return and have spent some time on the Cable Cooker, the pack will be ready to be sent out.

I have placed a value of $1000.00 on the pack and that is what your credit card will be approved for.

YOUR CARD WILL NOT BE CHARGED!

I do wish to have the protection of the approval if the Audition pack is lost, stolen or damaged. I will ask, that if you decide to participate in the auditon, that when you ship the pack to the next person on the list, you please insure it for $1000.00.

I have also added a new mod for the DI/O. This is the MENSA Plus level. This consists of all the MENSA level mods PLUS the Tube-O-Lator treatment PLUS changing out the op-amp input capacitors PLUS a treament for the power supply caps and other areas of the DI/O to reduce vibration.

Tyson and a couple of other folks have this level mod. It is not major change from the MENSA with Tube-O-Lator, but it does allow more detail and subtleties to come through.

The ART DI/O power supply with Bybee and NITRO power cord has been added, as well.

ABEX

« Reply #1 on: 29 Apr 2003, 12:02 am »
I have not written a review of my time with comparing cryo cables as yet,but the time that I most notice the change or the word that I can use to best describe is "pronounced".When playing Classical guitar the strings are more Pronounced,more Presence.

That is what best describes my experience.It was along time to come up with that decription although I knew the effect was there,just could not describe it in words.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #2 on: 29 Apr 2003, 06:34 am »
Well my order is in  :D  :D . Looking foward to hearing some fantastic sounds from all the items included in the audition pack(and it SURE is a lot of things to audition!). Now wheres my Q-Tips ?? :lol:

duff138

« Reply #3 on: 1 May 2003, 05:44 pm »
What will it cost to ship the audition pack, being insured for $1000?

Wayne1

« Reply #4 on: 1 May 2003, 06:01 pm »
It all depends on what shipping service you use and how far you ship it.

I did a quick check. To ship 10 lbs from Colorado to NJ, FedEx Ground, insured for $1000.00, the cost was about $12.00. Estimated delivery time is 4 days.

When I get the cables back from Cryo and everything packed up, I will post the exact weight.

Wayne1

« Reply #5 on: 1 May 2003, 10:29 pm »
I just received some bad news from Kimber Kable.

I shipped the audition pack cables, along with some customer cables,  there to be Cryo treated on Monday.

They just called me to tell me it will be about three weeks until they will be able to get the treated cables back to me.

It seems they just finished a cryo run and it will be about two weeks before they have enough products to justify another run.

I will leave it up to all of you as to what you wish me to do.

I can ship the Audition pack out next week WITHOUT the Cyro-treated cables or everyone will have to wait about a month for the treatment and break-in of the cables.

What do you want to do?

Marbles

« Reply #6 on: 1 May 2003, 10:32 pm »
I can wait on the phono cable

lonewolfny42

« Reply #7 on: 2 May 2003, 03:18 am »
Good things always take a little longer - always show your best. My vote, I can wait. 8)       Chris Becker

MaxCast

« Reply #8 on: 2 May 2003, 11:32 am »
This is a tough call, since I'm first on the list.  I've been wanting to try the smart (now better) since day one.  Now, to have a chance to try cryo cables, etc. in this fantastic offering I feel like I'm in Denver  :lol:

As much as I'd like to get the pack next week I have to say wait until the Cryo stuff is done. :bawl:   I agree with Chris, show your best and stick with your original plan.  It is a good one.

Wayne1

« Reply #9 on: 2 May 2003, 04:06 pm »
Thanks for your patience, guys.

I will let you all know as soon as I receive the cables back from treatment.

To make up (slightly) for the delay, I will also include a couple of CD's I made of material that I find useful for evaluating gear. They are both burnt on Mitsui gold blanks, but one was cryo treated. The material is the same of both.

Xi-Trum

« Reply #10 on: 3 May 2003, 04:06 am »
WOW!!!  

I bought a stock DIO to have Wayne modded.  My intention was to improve DVD playback.  (The sound from my Toshiba/Panasonic DVD players really sucks) Then, I ran into a problem trying to use it with my DVD player.  So, the mod plan was scrapped.  I even thought about selling my stock DIO.

Just TODAY, I finally was able to get the DIO to work with DVD playback.  Umm... well, there's a catch.  I used a computer with an M-Audio Audiophile sound card for DVD playback.  The sound quality is just ok.  All right, how about just plain bad!  :)  On the bright side, there's no sync problems.  Better yet, now I can start thinking about getting it modded again.  ;)

Now, with this audition offer, how can I possibly pass it up?  So, Wayne, I'm heading over there to sign up.  I hope I'm not too far down the line.  :D

Oh, I'm curious about the cryo thing.  So, I can wait.

Xi-Trum

« Reply #11 on: 3 May 2003, 04:13 am »
All right.  I'm IN!!!   :mrgreen:

I look forward to comparing:

- stock versus Mensa modded
- stock PC versus Nitro PC
- CD-1 versus Mensa (apple vs orange)
- ICs

Cool!

lonewolfny42

« Reply #12 on: 30 May 2003, 09:43 am »
Wayne, is the audition pack almost ready for its rounds ?? :?

Wayne1

« Reply #13 on: 30 May 2003, 01:21 pm »
Everything is ready to go EXCEPT for the cryoed cables. I have not received them back from Kimber Kable yet. I will be getting in touch with them today to find out when I can expect them.

I have added the ERS material to the demo DI/O. It does smooth out the highs even more so. I have been experimenting with the RCA Bybee adaptor on the digital input and it makes a HUGE difference to me, in my system :D

I may include a few of them to partially make up for the delay.

MaxCast

« Reply #14 on: 30 May 2003, 01:43 pm »
This is going to be one extensive audition pack!! :mrgreen:

Wayne1

« Reply #15 on: 30 May 2003, 04:32 pm »
I have heard back from Ray Kimber.

The cables are being Cryo treated right now. :D

They should ship back to me around Tuesday.

They will go on the Cable Cooker for the rest of the week and the whole Audition pack will start it's rounds on Monday June 9th.

MaxCast get the package first. I will be shipping it FedEx Ground, so he should receive it by Thursday, June 12th.

MaxCast

« Reply #16 on: 30 May 2003, 04:48 pm »
Don't anyone call me on June 12, 13, 14, 15. :nono:   I am disconnecting my phone, sending the wife and kids to Disneyland, ordering take out (delivered of course) all weekend and skipping church! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Should be lots of fun for little ole me.  My wife is going to think I'm nuts with all these wires and gadgets!  Anyone close enough is allowed to come over with a case of beer of course :wink:

Wayne1

« Reply #17 on: 4 Jun 2003, 09:06 pm »
Today IS a GOOD day.

UPS just showed up with my ERS order from Stillpoint AND a package from Kimber Kable.

AT LAST!!! The cables are back from Cryo treatment and are right now being broken in on the Audio Dharma Cable Cooker.

Everything is a go and the Audition Pack will be sent on its way to MaxCast on Monday.

Now the deal is you DO have to post your comments on the products. You already owe me some comments, Rich :nono:

MaxCast

« Reply #18 on: 5 Jun 2003, 12:42 am »
:oops: Yep, sorry.  Been busy busy lately.  Weddings, graduations, yard work.......I did get some good time in this week though.  Looking forward to the Bolder Pack!!!