Any Garrard 301 users?

meby

Any Garrard 301 users?
« on: 28 Nov 2005, 01:21 pm »
Anyone own a Garrard 301?  If so have you compared it to any modern decks?  Are they as good as Jeff Day would have you believe?  Considering a new table and not sure if this is a good option.

meby

I will answer my own question
« Reply #1 on: 20 Feb 2006, 03:36 pm »
I bought a 301 and SME 3009 yesterday and I will review and post pictures after I get it setup hopefully before the weekend!  I am so excited, I must admit I have been dying to try the TT for quite a while and finally found a restored one within driving distance :mrgreen:

Charles Calkins

Any Garrard 301 users?
« Reply #2 on: 20 Feb 2006, 03:56 pm »
Meby:
 I bought a Garrard DD-75 with a Shure V15 Type IV cartridge more than 25 years ago. Still going strong and sounds real good. Good luck with your 301. I'm sure you will like what you hear after you get it up and running.

Cheers
                    Charlie

bulgin

• http://blueangelaudio.com
Are there any Garrard 301 users?
« Reply #3 on: 13 Mar 2006, 07:55 pm »
Hi Guys

Yup, Ive used them for about 12 years or longer. I have two in use - 1 in my listening room and another in my cartridge testroom. One is fitted with a Micro carbon fibre arm and the other with a Grace Gyromaster G727. the first one has my own design acrylic plinth system and the other is 'plinthless, sitting on 4 aluminium legs with butyl rubber cone feet which is adjustable for leveling. The 'naked' 301 has its arm mounted to a 'mini' pearshaped acetyl and aluminium armboard, providing total arm isolation from the tt base and mechanicals.

Pics (jpeg) are available if I can load them to your Gallery.

Cheers

bulgin

bulgin

• http://blueangelaudio.com
Any Garrard 301 users?
« Reply #4 on: 13 Mar 2006, 07:57 pm »
My word! At long last. I'm happy to be here.

Cheers

bulgin