Cost for AKSA in Europe

tmd

Cost for AKSA in Europe
« on: 27 Apr 2003, 09:07 pm »
I have read back through  the posts here and haven't seen the answers so I will ask. I am too lazy to go look for all this info myself :)
First off, it will cost me about $930 AUD for the 100W with Nirvana upgrades. This is around E520 or so. Anyone have experience with buying the rest of the bits? I would like to figure out the complete cost of this amp to be ready to build it. I guess the case is somewhat subjective but if anyone has built them in Europe, I would like suggestions on the case.
Also, I read a previous post about LeAmps. I wonder if anyone has done a good back to back against a modded LeAmp with the 100N amp as that is what this amp would replace. I am using VMPS 626R speakers.
Thanks, Neil.

EchiDna

Re: Cost for AKSA in Europe
« Reply #1 on: 27 Apr 2003, 11:10 pm »
Quote from: tmd
I have read back through  the posts here and haven't seen the answers so I will ask. I am too lazy to go look for all this info myself :)
First off, it will cost me about $930 AUD for the 100W with Nirvana upgrades. This is around E520 or so. Anyone have experience with buying the rest of the bits? I would like to figure out the complete cost of this amp to be ready to build it. I guess the case is somewhat subjective but if anyone has built them in Europe, I would like suggestions on the case.
Also, I read a previous post about LeAmps. I wonder if anyone has done a good back to back against a modded LeAmp with the 100N amp as that is what this amp would replace. I am using VMPS 626R speakers.
Thanks, Neil.

I'm not in Europe so I can't answer the first part of your question...

as for the second, I sort of own both of these amps (AKSA 100 is non nirvana): Not quite a modded LeAmp, but a heavily upgraded TDA 7294 kitset (same chip as the LeAmp), simply no contest. The AKSA has more headroom, better bass and more control throughout the audible frequency range. However it must be said that the TDA kit only cost about US$20 plus transformer and then the upgrade parts, chassis etc... lets just say it does about 80% of what the AKSA can do. It is now powering my Computer speakers and the AKSA (some day to be 'nirvanarised') remains in the listening area ;-)

AKSA

Cost for AKSA in Europe
« Reply #2 on: 28 Apr 2003, 02:11 am »
Hi Neil,

Thank you for your question.

Usually in the UK no-one seems too concerned about the price as the dollar/pound exchange is so much in your favour!

However, count on around 60 pounds for a case, 40 pounds each for the two transformers, and maybe 30 pounds for binding posts and other ancillaries like a mains switch, rubber feet, and a bit of good wire for internal wiring.

This would mean 325 pounds for the kit, 25 pounds for postage, total of around 520 pounds all up.

I can promise you it competes sonically with amps with retail prices of 2000 pounds and higher.

I hope this allays your fears!

Cheers,

Hugh

tmd

Cost for AKSA in Europe
« Reply #3 on: 28 Apr 2003, 09:44 pm »
Thanks for the feedback guys. I am still fishing but intend to purchase in the next while. Has anyone else from Ireland bought from you Hugh?
Neil.

Grumpy_Git

Cost for AKSA in Europe
« Reply #4 on: 29 Apr 2003, 11:20 pm »
Neil, For a case go to Maplin or use their website (orders over £30 have free delivery) and they do 19" rackmount cases for 35 or 40 depending upon the height you require go for 3U  or if you like a tight fit try a 2U.

transformers from them should set you back £30 a piece.

Other parts depnd on what you want and how much you'd like to spend.

Nick.

PS:Hugh, still love my 55N and aslmost have it cased...

PPS: Any sign of the gk1R p yet???

AKSA

Cost for AKSA in Europe
« Reply #5 on: 30 Apr 2003, 01:20 am »
Hi Neil,

Thanks for the information on UK costs.....

Still pedalling as fast as I can on the GK-1R!   :oops:

I'm convinced that the longer I spend now on development, the better the product.  Can't be impulsive, I miss things.  Need to sleep on each day's work, then recheck, consolidate, rework where necessary, the beat goes on.  And you need to ask questions relating to compatibility, standards, scalability, future functions, etc.  It won't be long now, however.

Cheers,

Hugh

EchiDna

Cost for AKSA in Europe
« Reply #6 on: 30 Apr 2003, 04:16 am »
Quote from: AKSA
Hi Neil,

Thanks for the information on UK costs.....

Still pedalling as fast as I can on the GK-1R!   :oops:

I'm convinced that the longer I spend now on development, the better the product.  Can't be impulsive, I miss things.  Need to sleep on each day's work, then recheck, consolidate, rework where necessary, the beat goes on.  And you need to ask questions relating to compatibility, standards, scalability, future functions, etc.  It won't be long now, however.

Cheers,

Hugh

man my thumbs are getting tired of twiddling Hugh  :mrgreen:

Grumpy_Git

Cost for AKSA in Europe
« Reply #7 on: 30 Apr 2003, 05:17 pm »
Phew.

Actually Hugh delays are good at the moment, i need about a month to finish my debt clearance and consolodate some of my savings then I think you could well be the owner of a brown manilla envelope of my cash for a GK1. Thats unless you decide to make it a complete product before i can afford one.

I'll leave you to sleep/work at your leisure now...

Nick