Lehmann Audio Black Cube Modifications

gary

« on: 26 Nov 2005, 06:59 am »
Hi Vinnie

I talked to you in Montreal about the potential of modding the Lehmann phono stage, and I know there is a picture of it on your site, I was just wondering if you were now offering the battery power supply for this amp. If so, please post the price and what is involved. I'm having problems with the noise because I don't think my outlets are properly grounded, and I think switching to the battery-powered phono stage might help.

I figured I'd post this here instead of emailing you because there might be other people interested.

Thanks
Gary

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: Lehmann Audio Black Cube Modifications
« Reply #1 on: 27 Nov 2005, 03:06 am »
Quote from: gary
Hi Vinnie

I talked to you in Montreal about the potential of modding the Lehmann phono stage, and I know there is a picture of it on your site, I was just wondering if you were now offering the battery power supply for this amp. If so, please post the price and what is involved. I'm having problems with the noise because I don't think my outlets are properly grounded, and I think switching to the battery-powered phono stage might help.

I figured I'd post this here instead of emailing you because there might be other people interested.

Thanks

Gary

Hi Gary,

Yes, thank you for posting your question here on the forum.  I've been meaning to update the Lehmann Audio Black Cube mod on my webpage for some time now...just been pushing it to the back burner with all the new stuff that has been going on.

Here is some info:

For those of you who already have the Black Cube, I will offer the battery power supply + modification to the power cable of the Black Cube (installing the 3-pin power connector) for $249.00.  

For those who would like to purchase a new Black Cube with battery supply, this combo will sell for $649.00, which is less than the cost of the new Black Cube plus Lehmann SE power supply, and in my biased opinion (IMBO), quite a bit better sounding than the SE version!  :mrgreen:

How does the Black Cube sound with the battery supply?  It has smoother top end with less grain and hardness, a warmer midrange, and certainly a blacker background.  

We had this setup at RMAF and some preferred it (with the Eurolabs turntable and Morch tonearm) to my modded SB2!!!  :o   I guess it sounded more "analog-like"  :wink:   Seriously, a good vinyl rig is hard to beat, and it worked very well with the Lotus and HempTone / A8 combo.  

Yes, I'll update my webpage with this Lehmann Black Cube info sooner or later, but for now, let's call this thread the source of info for this.

Thanks,

m_l

« Reply #2 on: 20 Dec 2005, 06:10 pm »
Vinnie,

Is the Black Cube with battery supply ready? I would like to buy one from you.

LMK
Mike

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 20 Dec 2005, 06:24 pm »
Quote from: m_l
Vinnie,

Is the Black Cube with battery supply ready? I would like to buy one from you.

LMK
Mike

Hi Mike,

Yes, it is ready but I've been so busy that I haven't been able to update my webpage with all the details.  There are lots of updates that need to be made...might not be for a couple of weeks  :oops:

If you order a brand new Black Cube with battery mods, the total is $649 + shipping.  

Once I receive an order, I will purchase the Black Cube from the US Distributor and have it sent to me for battery conversion.

If you have a Black Cube that you want to send over for battery conversion, the total is $249 + shipping.

If you have any other questions, feel free to email me.

Thanks,

m_l

« Reply #4 on: 20 Dec 2005, 06:34 pm »
Vinnie,

Shipping would be $15 each way? So the total would be $680?

Thanks
Mike

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 20 Dec 2005, 07:42 pm »
Quote from: m_l
Vinnie,

Shipping would be $15 each way? So the total would be $680?

Thanks
Mike

Correct!  :thumb: