GREAT Front Projection Bargain

John Casler

« on: 25 Nov 2005, 07:03 pm »
If there are any of these left it is a GREAT bargain.

ONLY AVAILABLE TODAY

Only available online (it is a refurb) but the price is $599 minus a $100 rebate on the InFocus Screenplay 4805.

Hard to beat this deal for a break into "front projection HT".

Look here:

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&productId=140760&cmArea=SEARCH

Mathew_M

« Reply #1 on: 25 Nov 2005, 07:35 pm »
The item is now out of stock.  I have to say I'm very disappointed with Staples.  I placed the item in my cart, was told that it was in stock, went through the ordering process only to be notified at the end that it was no longer in stock.  I understand that orders can be timed out but it took me no longer than a few minutes as I had to register with Staples to proceed.  

Great price unfortunately I feel suckered by the stupidity of trying to shop on Black Friday.  :roll:

John Casler

« Reply #2 on: 25 Nov 2005, 07:45 pm »
Hi Mathew,

Sorry to hear they are out,  :? but with all the "pre-publicity" this was getting on AVS and some of the other forums I'm sure the "rush was on" early.

I think I procured one early this morning. :mrgreen:

Finally, I can really say I have Home "THEATER".

John Casler

« Reply #3 on: 26 Nov 2005, 02:07 am »
Hi Mathew,

I just read over at AVS that they are back "in stock" again???? with a 12/5 delivery date.

If your still interested, you might want to try again before the 12:00 end of the special.

Good luck

Edit:  I just called STAPLES to check on my order and ask them if it was still available and they said no.... But sometimes ya get lucky or someone who ordered 3 cancels 2 (fingers crossed).

LadyDog

« Reply #4 on: 28 Nov 2005, 01:55 am »
Don't quote me on it, but I believe the same deal can be found at Costco or Sam's Club(sorry, can't remember which one I saw it in).

And yes John, a great projector for the money.  Even at the original $1k retail price.

Ears

« Reply #5 on: 29 Nov 2005, 08:46 pm »
Wow...that is a great deal....just sold my refurbished 4805 for 700.00.

It was refurbished as Infocus did not get my original fixed in 20 days so they sent me a re-furb.

tyee

« Reply #6 on: 29 Nov 2005, 11:40 pm »
Hey Ears
  What did you replace your 4805 with??

Ears

« Reply #7 on: 1 Dec 2005, 05:14 pm »
Quote from: tyee
Hey Ears
  What did you replace your 4805 with??

I replaced it a few months back with an Optoma H-78dc3(ie ..h-79)....and ...wow.....this is a big upgrade as I could not even stand to watch the 4805 with dvd anymore because of dithering and sde,lack of blacks ect.....which never bothered me before owning the H78.

And of course hdtv is fantastic also :D

Ears

« Reply #8 on: 30 Dec 2005, 04:52 am »
Quote from: LadyDog
Don't quote me on it, but I believe the same deal can be found at Costco or Sam's Club(sorry, can't remember which one I saw it in).

And yes John, a great projector for the money.  Even at the original $1k retail price.

Yep paid 1400.00 for the one I had 1.5 years ago when they were 1500.00 retail.