Zu Druids---Where's the Bass?

_scotty_

« Reply #40 on: 12 Dec 2005, 01:59 am »
My dear Watson,You have indeed happened upon a most curious fact.  The great Detective's most famous maxim was,"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
I believe the the game's afoot.
Scotty

darkmoebius

« Reply #41 on: 12 Dec 2005, 02:35 am »
Quote from: Watson
213Cobra, your post reads a lot like marketing material.

I looked through all 46 of your prior posts on AudioCircle, and every single one of them has been touting Zu speakers.  Curious.

Perhaps he's simply an extremely happy customer.

This damn hobby leads a long, arduous, path to satisfaction that takes years of frustating, maybe even maddening, experimentation before a person is lucky enough to find the right component or combination that takes them to sonic bliss.

Finding the right speaker can seem like a minor epiphany, at times. More power to 213Cobra and his enthusiasm, he's obviously earned (and paid) for it. Lord knows it took me 5 years and a lot of money to get close. Check my system here

For the record, I am not a Zu component owner, employee, dealer, or any other affiliation with the company except I heard the Druids at the VTV show last month.

213Cobra

« Reply #42 on: 12 Dec 2005, 03:28 am »
Uh....yeah, Watson. I own Zu speakers, both Druids and Definitions and have plainly said so. I bought them both blind with no prior audition. After 30 years in the hobby and some time spent in high-end, they are a revelation, and frankly I did not expect that to prove true. Transformative, really, to what's possible to attain in musical realism for a given amount of money. I voted with my own money. I bought my Druids first, used, via an Audiogon transaction. That owner's enthusiasm was easily logarithmically more expressive than mine!

That said, I also know how much of a Molotov cocktail Zu's designs are to the entrenched idea communities in both conventional speaker design and the resurgent high-efficiency school of building around Lowther or Fostex drivers. So I post to explain what to expect and why. Isn't that what people do here when they're not asking questions?

You think my posts read like marketing material? Well, considering that 25 years of my career had been marketing oriented professionally, a style of communication might be evident to you. It's all nevertheless genuine. If you look at my greater number of posts on AA and on Audiogon forums, you will see I have the same enthusiasm for Denon 103D cartridges, Audiopax 88 power amps, and Audion 300B power amps, McIntosh autoformer SS amps, among other things. I also answer a lot of questions about stuff I know about but don't own, for people having less experience.  You can find me on guitar venues and automotive venues online too. But here, Zu seems to be a frequent topic and I participate.

If you make a product that seriously advances what's possible in a category and that product is meaningful to me, you can count on the same enthusiasm from me, too. Not to mention that Zu is an American company making great products, is committed to US manufacturing and is exporting to China/Asia. If they were making mediocre goods, I wouldn't bother but they're making world class products and are worth spreading the word for.

Phil

JohnnyLightOn

« Reply #43 on: 12 Dec 2005, 07:04 am »
I know Phil (213Cobra), and he's no shill for anyone.  Why don't you look at MY posts?  They'll read like any audiophile hobbyist.  I can tell you that Phil is the real deal.