Walk the Line

Ears

Walk the Line
« on: 21 Nov 2005, 05:17 am »
Good acting...but  without ruining it for anyone.....I left the theater with less respect for Cash.....and the story line is too negative for too long.

The complete opposite of Dreamer :lol:

ctviggen

Walk the Line
« Reply #1 on: 30 Dec 2005, 06:29 pm »
Really?  I left the theater with more respect for Cash.  His family life sucked.  I'm surprised he got where he did based on his family life and his own addictions.  I also thought both actors/actresses did a superlative job.  The bit players were good, too.  I'd give it 4-4.5 out of five stars.

Jon L

Walk the Line
« Reply #2 on: 30 Dec 2005, 07:07 pm »
I don't plan on seeing it.  But if they make a movie about his wife, Roseanne Cash, maybe... I prefer her music to his.

Folsom

Walk the Line
« Reply #3 on: 30 Dec 2005, 09:09 pm »
I really enjoyed it. I found the end facts about Folsom Prison the record very interesting.

jgubman

Walk the Line
« Reply #4 on: 30 Dec 2005, 11:06 pm »
Rosanne's his daughter.

Jon L

Walk the Line
« Reply #5 on: 30 Dec 2005, 11:37 pm »
Quote from: jgubman
Rosanne's his daughter.

You're KIDDING me! :oops:  :oops:

Either he looks very young for his age, or he must have had her at a young age..

Folsom

Walk the Line
« Reply #6 on: 31 Dec 2005, 04:11 am »
Quote from: Jon L
Quote from: jgubman
Rosanne's his daughter.

You're KIDDING me! :oops:  :oops:

Either he looks very young for his age, or he must have had her at a young age..

He divorced his first wife and married June Carter so....

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Walk the Line
« Reply #7 on: 1 Mar 2006, 08:14 am »
Having missed it in the theater, I picked up Walk the Line on NRT at BB.  Even going in with high expectations I was pleasantly surprised.  A very sensitive and balanced view of Cash's life and times.  I was very impressed with the performances, both from an acting and a musical standpoint.  Witherspoon, particularly, is a very capable singer with a terrific voice.  And Pheonix sounds eerily like Cash! :o

I will even admit that I teared up a bit when she finally accepts his onstage proposal! :oops:

Digi-G

Walk the Line
« Reply #8 on: 23 Mar 2006, 03:36 pm »
I just saw this and thought it was VERY good.  I'm actually surprised Phoenix didn't get Best Actor for this role (nothing against Philip Seymour Hoffman).

I think even if you're not a fan of his music you could still like this movie.  Yes, parts of it are a little dark and negative, but probably true to life.

The scenes where they (Johnny and June) perform on stage are nothing short of spectacular.  I could easily forget I was watching a movie and think I was actually watching the performers on stage.  Phoenix certainly had Cash's mannerisms down  (I saw an interview with Phoenix where he said the director told him NOT to imitate Cash) and he certainly concentrates on the subtleties of his performance.  

Highly recommended if you like music (if you don't, then why are you reading messages on this site?).   :wink:

jermmd

Walk the Line
« Reply #9 on: 23 Mar 2006, 04:05 pm »
I love Johnny Cash's music. There's a new off Broadway play based on his music that I was thinking of going to. It got pretty good reviews and the music is supposedly very good.