Best Sub 1K Power Conditioner?

jasonc

« on: 19 Nov 2005, 05:48 pm »
Since BPT is kinda out of my price range I'm looking for opinions on the best power conditioner under 1K.
The following will be plugged in: JVC F10 digital h receiver,  Arcam DV29 DVD Player,  Scientific Atlanta Exployer 8300 HD Cable Box and a Sony KD-34XS955 CRT TV (if the condtioner can handle it).
My current power conditioner is a 7 yr old 50.00 Monster P.C. so thinking anything should be a dramitic upgrade.
Any opinions are appreciated!

Charles Calkins

« Reply #1 on: 19 Nov 2005, 06:25 pm »
Belkin PF40 at thetwistergroup.com. Great product and a great price.

Cheers
                        Charlie

bubba966

« Reply #2 on: 19 Nov 2005, 07:11 pm »
I'm most pleased with the Monster HTS-3500's that I have and have modded.

I took out the stranded aluminum wiring I found in mine & replaced it with solid copper (just used Romex). Then I took out the cheap, sloppy outlets and replaced them with either 20A Hospital grade or 20A Industrial grade outlets. The Hospital grade outlets are a little better than the Industrial grade ones. So someday I'll pull the Industrial grade outlets out and slap Hospital grades in.

I've found that the modded HTS-3500 is just as good as some much more expensive models in my particular setup.

I would not reccommend the HTS-5000 though. It's a picky unit and frequently craps out and needs to be sent back to the factory for repai/reconditioning. Don't know why the HTS-5000 is like that when the HTS-3500/HTS-2500 don't have that problem... :scratch:

jasonc

« Reply #3 on: 20 Nov 2005, 12:10 am »
Thanks for the suggestions!  
Modding a HTS-3500 seems like a good option.  In my case I'd really only have to swap out 3 of the 10 outs!

Anyone having success with anything else?

gongos

« Reply #4 on: 20 Nov 2005, 12:36 am »
I have a couple modded Powervar's if you're interested. Most people like these over the Moster Cable units. They're a lot like the BPT's.

hometheaterdoc

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 20 Nov 2005, 12:40 am »
why is the BPT out in your situation?  A BPT BP-2.5 with the same 2.4kVa transformer as in their top units with all the bells and whistles would work wonders in your situation.

I was just on Chris's site the other day pulling some info for a customer and noticed that he is selling units for 25% off MSRP until Christmas...  That works out to <$1050.00 including delivery to your door (these things are heavy)....

just a thought...

Doublej

« Reply #6 on: 20 Nov 2005, 02:25 am »
Charles,

Any idea as to why the Twister Group has these for sooo cheap? List on them on Belkin PF40 is $549.

Are these things really decent? I don't know anything about their power products but their wireless networking gear is C R A P.

Al Garay

« Reply #7 on: 20 Nov 2005, 06:07 am »