How do you know if you have the latest revision Ref9s?

gregf

Hi guys,

My first post here. I live in the UK and I work in the electronic design industry. After a lot of research I bought a pair of Ref9s. The amplifiers are currently getting burn in - only about 30 hours yet. One question that I have is how do you identify that you have the latest revision board? I opened the case and I can see that the board is Rev 3, is this the latest?

The rest of my system consists of a Teac VRDS10 used as transport into a TACT RCS 2.0 for room correction into a fully balanced Audiosynthesis DAX Decade driving the Ref9. The speakers are Vienna Acoustics Mahler.

Thanks for your help.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #1 on: 19 Nov 2005, 03:31 am »
Don't look at the board, look at the version number at the bottom of the amp (note there is no version 9.01 and version 9 is the one that won the TAS award :)).  If you're not sure, talk to your dealer or email us.

cynamon

« Reply #2 on: 23 Nov 2005, 09:27 am »
This is also my first post here. Hello everybody!

gregf,
Regardless the version you've got  :wink: - how does it all sound ?
Your system is pretty close to what I always wanted to listen.

Regards

gregf

« Reply #3 on: 25 Nov 2005, 07:17 pm »
Hello cynamon,

the system sounds very good. I am currently playing with the room correction since I have a difficult room. The bass of the system is unbelievable, the mid are good, slight harshness of the treble seems to be going away as the system burns in. The Ref9s are amazing for the money and their size. One thing I would like to try is to try a valve preamp to see what difference will make.  Something else I will try in the future is moding the Ref9s (better caps and decoupling schemes). I had great doubts about SMPS but all my fears evaporated once I listen to the Ref9s. Of course there is always room for impovement to get the last 5%.