My new HT3 finally!

Cacophonix

My new HT3 finally!
« on: 15 Nov 2005, 08:09 am »
I've taken a few pics of my new HT3 that arrived from RAW last week.
As you can see from the pics, they look really really cool.

http://audiocircle.com/circles/modules.php?set_albumName=cacophonix&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Thanks a bunch to Al for doing a great job on these speakers!

I'll post a more detailed review once they are broken in. Initial impressions are very positive. They have awesome bass (my neighbors have already complained twice  :lol: ) ... the highs are silky ... the mids are a little recessed as yet. They need a little break in. Hopefully by next week or so, they should be all fit and ready. They need power people ... These are the least efficient speakers that i've owned. So initially i was taken aback by how much i had to turn the volume knob on my NAD C162 (close to 11 o Clock position). With that volume, my earlier PSBs and energy veritas would've brought the roof down!!  :o

As i listen to a lot of indian classical music ... the bass is really really being appreciated. The tablas (Zakir Hussain) sound great with a lot of depth, and the flute (Ronu Majumdar) has a body to it that i'd not heard before. Listening to slide guitar (VM Bhatt) and sitar (Ravi Shankar, Shahid Parvez) over ribbon tweeters is quite an experience. SACDs (Diana Krall, Alison Krauss) sound absolutely fab.

I've ordered a pair of bases with spikes for these speakers, as they are quite slim and i'm afraid of knocking them over. Al is working on them (any updates?  :) ) ... and once i've fixed them to the speakers, i'll take a few more pics.

Wonder what people are using to drive their HT3 ...

kenk

My new HT3 finally!
« Reply #1 on: 15 Nov 2005, 03:14 pm »
I got mine HT3 last week as well.  Here is my Pic

I am using the SP3  38w tube amp to power the HT3 and yes the HT3 needs power and most of the time I am listening around 11:00 - 12:00 on the volume knob.  I will wait a bit until I post my impression.  Thanks Al for a job well done. :lol:

http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/modules.php?set_albumName=albuu18&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

RAW

My new HT3 finally!
« Reply #2 on: 16 Nov 2005, 05:10 pm »
Looks good in the new locations for both of you :mrgreen:
Thanks for posting the pictures.

Rajiv
Bases on the way.

You will find the mids will open up very nice after a few hrs of use.