I don't believe this, new amp

Pigboat

« on: 15 Nov 2005, 12:06 am »
I've had my Clari-t mono blocks with all the mods for a week now.  I was lucky enough to buy them off Audiogon.  They were built in August of this year.  I have been using a EE built 211 tube amp for the last 5 years with my 1974 Klipshorns. And have tube amps for years.

HOLY CRAP, my jaw still has not left the floor.   I sold my 211 amp.  Enough said

gary

« Reply #1 on: 15 Nov 2005, 01:09 am »
I saw that thing on agon I think, nice buy... I can't for the life of me figure out why someone would have sold it. Next up for you, battery-powered source.

Gary

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: I don't believe this, new amp
« Reply #2 on: 15 Nov 2005, 12:37 pm »
Quote from: Pigboat
I've had my Clari-t mono blocks with all the mods for a week now.  I was lucky enough to buy them off Audiogon.  They were built in August of this year.  I have been using a EE built 211 tube amp for the last 5 years with my 1974 Klipshorns. And have tube amps for years.

HOLY CRAP, my jaw still has not left the floor.   I sold my 211 amp.  Enough said

Hi Pigboat,

Welcome to Audio Circle, and I'm glad your are enjoying those custom Clari-T Mono Blocks!  8)  

Clari-T monoblcoks with DACT CT-2 Mono Stepped Attenuators, Auricaps, Black Gates, silver wire, etc .... I'd say you're off to a great start with a new battery powered, NON-tubed system  :mrgreen:

Enjoy, and thanks for posting!

Pigboat

« Reply #3 on: 15 Nov 2005, 02:52 pm »
Thanks, my system is comprised of the following:

1974 Rosewood Klipshorns
Mono block Clari-T's with all mods
VTL Deluxe tube preamp
Well Tempered Classic TT w/ Aurum Beta2 wood body
EAD 1000 transport
2 Monarchy DIPs
Monarchy 22B Dac

After reading this forum for a long time, AND finding the Clari-T mono blocks on agon, I couldn't resist at the price I paid for the amps.  I've been into tube gear for 20 years and have had excellent amps in this system, but never anything like this.  This system has a synergy about it that I've only hoped for, and I know it's the amps.  I'm almost embarrassed that I sold my VT-4-C based single ended amp. (snobbery I guess).

Vinnie, you deserve all the accolades and more that you have received.