December 4 Jam in Flower Mound (north of DFW airport)?

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #20 on: 5 Dec 2005, 04:29 am »
I'd like to thank Ken (Hoots) for letting us mess up his home today.  I had a nice time and enjoyed the music and company a lot.  I'll get back later with some of my thoughts.  Again, thanks Ken for a great time.

Marvin

brj

« Reply #21 on: 5 Dec 2005, 07:21 am »
Ken, thanks to you and your family for allowing us all (12?) to invade your home today!  I had a great time, and thoroughly enjoyed your Onix Reference 3/2/1 based system!

Thanks also to Danny and Gary for lugging in gear of their own!

kyyuan

« Reply #22 on: 5 Dec 2005, 07:50 pm »
Quote from: brj
Ken, thanks to you and your family for allowing us all (12?) to invade your home today!  I had a great time, and thoroughly enjoyed your Onix Reference 3/2/1 based system!

are you thanking me for NOT showing up :nono:  ... j/k.  

It sounded as though the turn-out for the JAM was good and that everyone had a good time.  Any additional feedback.

My weekend excursion in the office kept me from attending the event, and from meeting the Other Ken.

Ken

brj

« Reply #23 on: 5 Dec 2005, 09:13 pm »
Quote from: kyyuan
Quote from: brj

are you thanking me for NOT showing up :nono:  ... j/k.

Wrong Ken... but then, you knew that...

Actually, I was wondering if you were going to make it.  We missed the "licorice faceoff" between Danny's experimental (red) cables and the Straley cables.  A comparison, limited to just the cables, would have been interesting.

Quote from: kyyuan
It sounded as though the turn-out for the JAM was good and that everyone had a good time.  Any additional feedback.

Nope, you had to be there! :)

Actually, I'm sure people will chime in as they have the chance.  We didn't perform any formal head-to-head comparisions, so responses will mostly be limited to overall impressions of Ken's system and Danny's concept demonstrator speakers.  I will say that I liked Ken's HP media PC, although, as Ken and others said, it would be advantageous to place it in the closet behind his system.  It can keep his extensive record collection company!

Hoots

« Reply #24 on: 5 Dec 2005, 11:53 pm »
I am pleased that my PC sounds as good as my Denon 2900 when both are feeding digital to my DAC (Emo Pre/pro).  I can now use the PC without feeling like I should be using the DVD/CD player for better sound.

The PC has a fan so it needs to be put in the closet, but nowing that I can do that by simply cutting a cable hole in the wall makes me less concerned about the fan.   I really like the tweaking I can do to MEDIO and the sound using ASIO and my REVO card.   I could use the $1k offramp based on TRANSIT for improvement so even high end can still be done on the PC.  

The ease of use allows me to listen to a lot more music...a little of this and a little of that.