Battery Power. . .

pjchappy

Battery Power. . .
« on: 25 Apr 2003, 03:00 am »
Wayne,

Having read something about Scott Nixon's Tubed DAC w/ an optional battery-powered p-supply, I was wondering if you have thought about doing the same. :?:

Thanks!

p

Wayne1

Battery Power. . .
« Reply #1 on: 25 Apr 2003, 12:40 pm »
The ART DI/O requires + and - 15 VDC and +5 volts DC. This would also need a circuit for recharging the batteries etc. I have no plans for battery powered units. The AC power supply I make supplies more than adequate current and the transformer is spaced far enough away from the DAC that there are no radiation problems. The biggest upgrade for the PS will be using NITRO power cords to and from the PS for about $100.00 more.

My current big project is a redesign of the Radii Tube amplifier. These willl shortly be offered with 12AX7 and 12AU7s for drivers instead of the 6BM8. They will use paper in oil coupling caps, JJ power supply caps and different taps for 4, 8, and 16 ohm loads. They will still have the digital bias control but there will now be a switch to turn off the LED panel. They will only be offered in mono-block form for about $1000.00 each. Driver tubes will be by JJ. Stock output tubes will be Chinese with an upgrade available for Cryo-treated JJ E34Ls.

I hope to receive the first ones in less than two months. They are already scheduled to be reviewed by an on-line audio'zine.