When will the Le Amp II's ship?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« on: 25 Apr 2003, 02:01 am »
Just curious, when will the new amps be ready to go?

ABEX

« Reply #1 on: 26 Apr 2003, 12:52 am »
MB stated to me that it would likely be the first or second week in May!

I get my dream speakers next week and will be eagerly await the first set of these bad boys! If they jive right with my setup I will get 2 more. 8)

mbarnes

• http://www.norh.com
« Reply #2 on: 26 Apr 2003, 06:16 am »
I am told we will have some units to ship out in two weeks.  We are waiting for the final cases.

hk29

« Reply #3 on: 28 Apr 2003, 03:39 pm »
Can't wait to see pictures ... now do I get leAmps II or new speakers ... too many choices :(

eric the red

« Reply #4 on: 27 Aug 2003, 10:04 pm »
Posted on Saturday April 26th 2003 at 11:16 am PST:

"I am told we will have some units to ship out in two weeks. We are waiting for the final cases"

:mrgreen:

Andrikos

« Reply #5 on: 28 Aug 2003, 04:09 am »
Wow, by the time it seems I get my amps, I'll be moving in my new house (December!). Oh well, I'm not in a hurry anyway...
Michael, feel free to delay mine a bit more, I really don't mind. Seriously.

Andreas

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: 2 Sep 2003, 12:46 am »
I haven't really been in a rush, either, but I am starting to get impatient.  Once the first batch shipped I really expected that the rest would follow shortly.  I don't know why they'd bother shipping any if they had that few available.  Oh, well.  Hopefully I'll get my LAII's in September.  I suspect they'll be worth the wait.

Jay S

« Reply #7 on: 2 Sep 2003, 01:36 am »
I think I waited 3 months for my original Le Amps but they eventually did ship and I was very happy with them.  

Not sure what kind of power filtration the LA II has but the LA I responded very well to being plugged into a DeZorel power filter.

Ravi

« Reply #8 on: 2 Sep 2003, 02:27 am »
Hmmm, one wonders why Norh is on the decline in the hi-end, its inability to deliver on time.  This is what prevented me in getting the 4.0's about 2 years ago, it was something like 5 to 10 months wait depending on the color I wanted.

eric the red

« Reply #9 on: 2 Sep 2003, 02:54 am »
It's simple (read Curt's post on this). Norh audio has taken a back seat to Michael Barne's other projects. What's more profitable and generates more interest:  two channel audio or computers?

Jay S

« Reply #10 on: 2 Sep 2003, 02:55 am »
I would suggest shipping the LA II and getting into full production before putting the audio business on cruise control and focusing on fulfilling orders for existing products.

hk29

« Reply #11 on: 2 Sep 2003, 03:00 am »
any reviews yet? :?:

eric the red

« Reply #12 on: 2 Sep 2003, 03:22 am »
'I would suggest shipping the LA II and getting into full production before putting the audio business on cruise control and focusing on fulfilling orders for existing products."

How about an even simpler suggestion: Check into this website a few times a week and answer questions about a product that has been promised since the end of April?
Y'all better get used to this if you're planning on ordering norh products in the future because history has repeated itself many times here.

waltj2k

« Reply #13 on: 3 Sep 2003, 06:35 pm »
Quote from: eric the red
'I would suggest shipping the LA II and getting into full production before putting the audio business on cruise control and focusing on fulfilling orders for existing products."

How about an even simpler suggestion: Check into this website a few times a week and answer questions about a product that has been promised since the end of April?
Y'all better get used to this if you're planning on ordering norh products in the future because history has repeated itself many times here.

I have to say that I got to this link via a post in AVS. I was interested in researching the LeAmp II. I have read most of the posts on this forum for the last few months.  This is truly disappointing. I know nOrh was highly regarded as a great value product. But if customer sevice has fallen off this bad it is unacceptable.

Product rollouts are known to have hiccups in production, development etc. However it is possible to keep your customers in know and not make them angry. The fact that Barnes has another more profiable business isn't a good enough excuse to not follow up with nOrh customers. A great example of excellent customer service is AV123. They have had their hiccups in product rollout. However Mark Schifter is very vocal on several boards. Does this take time out of his day. Yes but you gotta figure that overall it only takes a couple of minutes to see what concerns your clients have and respond.

I will be interested to see when the LeAmp II is delivered.

dyfromhawaii

Anybody hear anything new about the whereabouts of Le Amp II
« Reply #14 on: 3 Oct 2003, 03:40 am »
n/t

Sounding_Board_Audio

Re: Anybody hear anything new about the whereabouts of Le Am
« Reply #15 on: 3 Oct 2003, 04:13 am »
Will you accept conjecture? Mr. Barnes came from the computer world. And he has returned to it.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #16 on: 3 Oct 2003, 02:21 pm »
Well, I see this thread is getting new posts, so I'll chime in.  According to nOrh's October news the LeAmp II is shipping, although I'm not sure if that's true or not.  As I've already posted elsewhere, I very recently cancelled my order for 3 LA2's, although not without some pangs of remorse.  It is a pretty amp, and a good value (if it exists and sounds as good as we've been told).  Like I said before, I won't rule out buying some if they truly do come to market, but for now I'll be going with the Carver, I think.

If anyone here has recieved their amps, please do post your impressions of the sound quality.

Cazza

troublesome path to get the Le AmpII
« Reply #17 on: 11 Oct 2003, 08:47 am »
I have had a few queries if I have received the Le AMPII yet. May be few of you wondering if have. So the answer is NO. They were sent off quite some time ago but I used my business address. This has never been an issue except this time things have become extremely complex as the amps were booked under my companies name not mine at customs. My company also uses a different local broker so suddenly 2 brokers are involved and to add to that are now financial implications.  Basically a bit of a mess to sort out.

I thought it fair to post this comment because I did not want norh to be the scapegoat.If a ll goes well I will get the LE AMP towards the end of the week.

lo mein

« Reply #18 on: 11 Oct 2003, 05:25 pm »
Quote from: waltj2k
But if customer sevice has fallen off this bad it is unacceptable.

Product rollouts are known to have hiccups in production, development etc. However it is possible to keep your customers in know and not make them angry. The fact that Barnes has ano ...

Has anybody been charged on their creditcard yet? nOrh never charge anybody until the product is shipped.

Delays on new products are not uncommon. I don't think nOrh is providing "bad customer service" here at all.

If nOrh had already charged people, but not shipping the product out, then, it's bad customer service.

But not in this case.

gonefishin

« Reply #19 on: 12 Oct 2003, 12:00 am »
Quote from: lo mein
Quote from: eric the red
Posted on Saturday April 26th 2003 at 11:16 am PST:

"I am told we will have some units to ship out in two weeks. We are waiting for the final cases"

:mrgreen:

I thought you wanted to leave forever from this site. Why made such a big fuzz asking to have you taken out from the roster in the first place?

You pathetic cry-baby whinner!

It just further proofed that your sole purpose here in to bad mounth manufacturers that you don't like.

Puto!

Now that IS funny.  This thread was originally started on  Fri Apr 25, 2003 and Barns responded once...on Apr 26, 2003 stating that...
I am told we will have some units to ship out in two weeks.

I'll admit, things can happen when a smaller company is trying to proto-type a new amp...this is understandable.  Just look at Curt from IRD.  Good products...great prices...and wonderful communication!  If a project is delayed...he tells people why.  He doesn't say they'll be shipped in two weeks...or that some have already been shipped...he keeps peole updated.

You can make all the excuses that you want for Barns (and you will)...but this is the worst customer service I have ever seen!  I know that he will eventually come out with the product...and get it to you guys...and I wish you well with it...  but come'on!

There is certainly no excuse for Barns to cut off communication with you guys all together, like he has.  

He knows dang well that this forum plays a large role in the audio portion of his business...so it's not like he doesn't realize there are so many responses here...with customers asking questions.

I would hope he also realizes how much you guys are excited about his new product.  How many posts have been made inquiring about the ship date...and how many times did Barnes respond to these questions with any substance to his message?

But the thing that real P's me off.  Is that he does know how important this is to you guys...and even tho he came from the computer industry...it was YOU guys that bought his audio equipment while he was trying to come up with his new computer products.  The thing that P's me off...is that you guys were there for him...and basically sold his products for him (remember the AR and early HD days)  But now...he's back into the computer industry...and has some things going...what about the previous 8-10 years before that...when it was you guys keeping many of his employees busy with Norh Audio.  

oh yeah...I have heard the LeAmp2