Ping Deadfish

bmed

Ping Deadfish
« on: 11 Nov 2005, 10:06 pm »
Hey Bill,

I know you've built the Hagerman preamp.  How easy is the build compared to say Bottlehead/Welbourne stuff.  I'm looking at the Chime for its USB input and use with my computer.  I've only done point to point work in the past (and sloppily at that).  The PCB's scare me.  How thorough/good are his instructions for what I consider novice builders (i.e .me).  Whad 'ya think?  

I also remember reading about a possible tour/audition of the Chime that you expressed interest in......any word from Hagerman on that front.  

Cheers,
Brad

DeadFish

Ping Deadfish
« Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2005, 01:02 am »
Hey Brad!
Wow! I got in on the 'subject' header!
WooHoo!
 :D
Don't let those circuit boards scare you, plain and simple.
If you can solder, it should not be a problem.
For examples of the dox for any kit, you can download them for about anything off of Haggerman's site.  There might be a *little* that you might consider obscure, but the group frequenting the Circle here is usually quick to answer back, or Jim Haggerman his own self.
(The little bit I refer to might be ciphering which way Auricaps go in, or polarity on the led.  Nothing earth shattering that cannot be answered or fixed.)
Regarding the Chime, I signed up for the 'Chime Across America' tour, and wait for it to show up someday for a week's listening.  As I told members at last sunday's meeting&eating, ANYone wanting to have a listen while it is hear is more than welcome, and I'll speak up when I know I am gonna have it, here on the forum for just such a purpose.  
How's that for service?
IF you do ever decide to bite down and build one of his halfkits, I've got a step-bit for drilling out for the tubes, if you need to use it.
I'm most of the way thru the Cornet 2 build right now.  
Love my Clarinet and probably will the Cornet 2 as well.

Regards,
DeadFish

bmed

Ping Deadfish
« Reply #2 on: 12 Nov 2005, 01:30 pm »
Thanks Bill.  I may take you up on your offer to use the step bits.  I hope to be able to take a listen to the Chime when it comes your way.

Cheers,
Brad