Incredible Service on SB2 modification

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« on: 10 Nov 2005, 09:38 pm »
Wayne received my SB2 on Tuesday the 8th.  I just received an e-mail stating that he finished my full modification with silver Bybee and silver WBT nextGen on the digital out with custom DC connector and dropped it off at the post office to be in Virginia by Sat or Monday.  This is the fastest modification service I have ever received.  Great job and thank you.   :notworthy:

Papajin

« Reply #1 on: 10 Nov 2005, 10:25 pm »
Hey!  What'd you do, slip a $50 in the packaging or something?!  Mine arrived on the 4th, and I haven't heard anything yet!  Of course I think my package is slightly different than yours and may account for the greater delay.  I'm a patient guy so really haven't bugged Wayne about it as of yet. :)

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 10 Nov 2005, 11:10 pm »
Probably because I didn't order a power supply, but I am still flabbergasted by the quick turnaround.  I am sure Wayne will get yours out pronto.  8)

Wayne1

« Reply #3 on: 10 Nov 2005, 11:15 pm »
Woodsyi just wanted mods to his SB2. He has a linear power supply already.

All the other orders I have for SB2 mods want power supplies in various forms.

I ran out of PS cases, transformers, diodes, connectors, etc. I placed a rather large order for all of these parts that just showed up today. Along with the new cases for the Deluxe power supply.

I plan to be rather busy for the next week or so, building power supplies and modding SB2s.

Woodsyi's order just happened to hit the right time while other orders were waiting for parts. I have about 10 squeezeboxen here for mods at the present time. They will go out as soon as I can get them done.

jermmd

« Reply #4 on: 10 Nov 2005, 11:19 pm »
How long until those of us waiting to send in our SB2s can do so?

Wayne1

« Reply #5 on: 10 Nov 2005, 11:38 pm »
You can send your SB2 in any time. It may be awhile until it gets back to you, however.

The mods to the SB2 don't really take too much time. Building and wiring power supplies does. At least for me they do.

I expect it will take me between 2-3 weeks to catch up with the work that I have on hand right now. I may be able to get them done faster. Hard to say.

I do need to stay away from the computer and chain myself to the bench :lol:

JoshK

« Reply #6 on: 11 Nov 2005, 01:59 am »
Wayne is a cool dude, don't regret any of the business that I have done with him in the past.  I now DIY but he is a great guy who likes me anyway.  :lol:

Papajin

« Reply #7 on: 11 Nov 2005, 05:30 pm »
Yeah I figured the PS was the likely holdup.  Take your time though!  I'll just listen to these... CD things I found in storage... if I can remember how they work... :o

Turk

« Reply #8 on: 11 Nov 2005, 08:34 pm »
Gentlemen,

It is more than worth the wait.  My Bolder SB2 and Deeeluxe power supply just hit the 2 1/2 week continuous play point.  Wayne has really hit on a special combination with his mods to this digital box.

Just no substitute for break-in with those outstanding Platinum Sonicaps.

Jerry

PeteG

« Reply #9 on: 14 Nov 2005, 12:38 am »
Wayne,

How long will the limited offer, for the mod package be for.

Pete

Wayne1

« Reply #10 on: 14 Nov 2005, 02:26 pm »
Hello Pete,

The original offer of the basic power supply and two conductor power cable is now over.

I have made some changes to the power supply.  This will now need to use a three conductor power cable.

I will post pictures and a description of the basic power supply Rev.1 and pricing later on.

There WILL be new package pricing announced soon. there will be a deal on the SB2, new PS and power cable. It will be just a bit more expensive.
The folks who ordered the first package and who have not received it yet, will get the upgraded PS and power cable as a thank you fo waiting.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #11 on: 14 Nov 2005, 08:48 pm »
Thanks again Wayne,

USPS just delievered my SB2.  Apparently they tried to deliever it Saturday, but I was, for once, off.  I am going to go plug it right in and check it out tonight.  What kind of breaking in period should I expect running digital out?

Wayne1

« Reply #12 on: 14 Nov 2005, 09:14 pm »
The power supply caps will take some time. Figure on anywhere for one to two weeks.

If possible, run a pair of interconnect from the analog outs to your preamp. The coupling caps will break in better with a losd on them.

That way when you decide to try the SB2 direct into your amp, most of the break-in will be done.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #13 on: 14 Nov 2005, 09:31 pm »
Quote from: Wayne1
The power supply caps will take some time. Figure on anywhere for one to two weeks.

If possible, run a pair of interconnect from the analog outs to your preamp. The coupling caps will break in better with a losd on them.

That way when you decide to try the SB2 direct into your amp, most of the break-in will be done.

Sure,

I got extra input left. I will hook it up.  I don't know how cross talk (what little there is) will effect the sound but  I can even toggle back and forth and check out the difference between digital and analog outs while playing the same track off the server.

PeteG

« Reply #14 on: 15 Nov 2005, 03:47 am »
Thanks Wayne,
 I'll be watching for the new package.