NEW ModWright Partnership

Kevin Haskins

« on: 8 Nov 2005, 08:57 pm »
Third partnership announcement for the day.   :-)

We will be an authorized dealer for the ModWright Instruments SWL-9.0 Preamps.    We have used Dan's preamp at audio shows and it's a superb unit.   He is getting some much deserved reviewer praise over the unit which matches up wonderfully with our Hypex UCD amplifiers.    

We will also be selling our first source component, the ModWright modified Denon 3910 players.   Stay tuned soon because we have something for the analog lovers in the works also.  ;-)

I'll be adding Dan's lineup to the site and I'm very pleased to be working with so many quality people.

TerryO

Re: NEW ModWright Partnership
« Reply #1 on: 9 Nov 2005, 04:50 am »
Quote from: Kevin Haskins
Third partnership announcement for the day.   :-)

We will be an authorized dealer for the ModWright Instruments SWL-9.0 Preamps.    We have used Dan's preamp at audio shows and it's a superb unit.   He is getting some much deserved reviewer praise over the unit which matches up wonderfully with our Hypex UCD amplifiers.    

We will also be selling our first source component, the ModWright modified Denon 3910 players.   Stay tuned soon because we have something for the analog lovers in the works also.  ...

Mr. Haskins,
I think it's commendable that you're working on something for the Analog lovers out there instead of wasting time playing golf.
Congrats on the new additions to your expanding line of worthwhile Audio goodies. It looks as if a person could put together a seriously Hi-End system just from your company and not spend an arm and a leg. Looking forward to being able to hear your amp and preamp combination.
Best Regards,
TerryO

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #2 on: 9 Nov 2005, 04:34 pm »
Ah... nobody who has seen me play golf would recommend I repeat the activity.

How is that LM4780 working for you?   It sounded pretty good at the DIY event.

TerryO

« Reply #3 on: 10 Nov 2005, 03:23 am »
Quote from: Kevin Haskins
Ah... nobody who has seen me play golf would recommend I repeat the activity.

How is that LM4780 working for you?   It sounded pretty good at the DIY event.

Mr. Haskins,
There was a great deal of interest in the Chip Amp, I'm under the impression that few had actually ever heard one before. Several people made encouraging comments after we hooked it up and played a few cuts (and speakers!). The fact is that nobody asked to have the original amp reinstalled or had anything other than complimentary remarks. It was used from that point on until the end of the day, so it was used with an awful lot of speakers and the builders seemed satisfied...........I can't think of a better recomendation.
I'm going to be looking at a better preamp/attenuator for my home system, this amp is certainly worthy.
Best Regards,
TerryO