My hemptones

jrdcesq

My hemptones
« on: 7 Nov 2005, 06:40 pm »
I had the Grande 8s and really liked them. However, when I heard the hemptones, I was in love. So I sold my 8s and called Louis. As always he was friendly and informative. In fact he bent over backwards to help me. He gave me the whole rundown on the good and bad of the speakers and really made me feel appreciated and valued as a customer. I received the speakers about a week ago and they sounded really great right out of the box. Louis says they will get much better as they break in. I was really amzed by the depth of the sound stage. On some selections, it was as if I was literally surrounded by the music. They are also very detailed and a champ at large and small dynamics. They are little forward right now, but I have heard broken in speakers and that abates. I am using a 10 watt/ch el 84 push pull amp and the speakers easily get loud enough to be heard by the neighbors without clipping. They are in the teak veneer and they are absolutely beutiful. Louis really knows what he is doing and clearly spent his time designing and building this speakers so they were right when they were released to the customers.

a very special appreciative thanks to Louis.

John

audiomaniac

My hemptones
« Reply #1 on: 9 Nov 2005, 02:30 pm »
Congrats on the Hemps! I heard them at RMAF and they are really nice!

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
My hemptones
« Reply #2 on: 9 Nov 2005, 05:48 pm »
Hey John,
    Glad to hear your enjoying the HempTones...their a nice speaker. Sounded good at Jim's Rave and RMAF '05.[/list:u]
      I still remember the sound at your Rave...the late listen (you, Levi, and myself) with your old Omega's and the Sophia Baby amp....the jazz cd's sounded great !!! So...I purchased a pair of the Omega A8's. When they arrive maybe we can compare the two pair's....happy listening !!! :dance: [/list:u]
        Chris[/list:u]

Louis O

My hemptones
« Reply #3 on: 16 Nov 2005, 03:48 am »
Hi Chris,

Very sorry I missed your post and great to hear about the A8s. I'm really happy John is up and running with the hemps.

Many thanks John for your post and very kind words. It was a pleasure to set up the Hemp8s for you and a wonderful match with the Sophia Baby amp. I had one too and sorry I let it go.

Thanks again,
Louis