hdmi CABLE

balji

• http://www.highdefzone.us
hdmi CABLE
« on: 31 Oct 2005, 07:54 pm »
WHO MAKES THE BEST HDMI CABLES OUT THERE?

Toka

NagysAudio

• http://www.nagysaudio.com
Re: hdmi CABLE
« Reply #3 on: 12 Feb 2010, 04:32 pm »
I will also have to say www.bluejeanscable.com

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #4 on: 2 Mar 2010, 12:07 am »
The best HDMI cables are the "high speed ones" and those who develop the highest bandwidth...monoprice guys are the most recommended.

electricbear

« Reply #5 on: 2 Mar 2010, 12:33 am »
"http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10231&style="
$50 for a 25ft for a hdmi cable. I smell trouble in the future.

srb

« Reply #6 on: 2 Mar 2010, 01:59 am »
"http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10231&style="
$50 for a 25ft for a hdmi cable. I smell trouble in the future.

Actually that's an HDMI to DVI cable.

I use Monoprice Premium Flat HDMI cables, a 25 ft. for $22.20 and a 3 ft. for $4.73, after comparing them to a couple of $90 to $175 (6 ft.) cables.

I smell perfectly good money being burned out there!

Steve

DigitallyChallenged

« Reply #7 on: 7 Mar 2010, 01:32 pm »
I have used monoprice extensively but I had some issues that I believe were cable related. Blue Jeans cables are worth the extra money IMO.

Mr Peabody

« Reply #8 on: 12 Mar 2010, 04:55 am »
Monoprice is recommended a lot because they are cheap and there is a lame internet article out where some one compared them to Monster with a piece of test equipment and made the determination there's no difference.  I've not tried MP's HDMI but I'm here to tell you there is a huge sound quality difference in the RCA analog cables.  BJC is far superior and if you spend the money BJC can also be bested.  A friend did a listening test with MP's digital cables and had better results from anything else he used.  So no one has to listen to me but I ask that you do try comparisons for yourself.  Sure the cables are cheap but look how much you paid for your equipment.  It doesn't make sense not to get the most out of it by buying inferior cables.

If you tested for yourself and can't tell a difference then I can't see spending the money but here's my experience.  I did research and listened to the Marantz AV8003 before buying.  The reviews were glowing.  I bought some $40.00 Belkin HDMI cables and hooked everything up.  My sound quality was not good.  I had some serious buyer's remorse.  I talked to every one and was trying different things but nothing seemed to work.  The last thing was the HDMI cables.  I wasn't about to use Monster.  A local shop lent me some Tributaries HDMI.  Once I installed the cables the sound was vastly improved and the processor was like I expected it to be.  The picture quality I thought was improved but my eye isn't that great.  My ears are though and I can't explain why the difference but the more expensive cable cured what was wrong and I did not take them back.  I was so relieved to have my expectations now being met by the processor I wasn't about to take the cables out that made it that way.

John151

« Reply #9 on: 12 Mar 2010, 05:06 am »
You can't beat Oppo for HDMI cables - great quality at  a great price.  I replaced my MonoPrice HDMI cables with Oppos (MonoPrice cables were way too stiff to make the required bends). 

IMHO, an HDMI cable either works properly, or it has issues.  No point in trying to getter than sufficient.   

skunark

« Reply #10 on: 12 Mar 2010, 07:17 am »
I've always been baffled about folks picking one HDMI cable over another.  Since HDMI cables are truly digital with an encoded signal at the phy layer, hdcp encryption at the data layer for every single pixel, the cable either is compliant with the specifications (hdmi 1.0, 1.3 or 1.4) or it's not.   Even the audio is delivered during the vertical/horizontal blanking phase with the video with the same encoding and encryption with the video and it's up to the receiver, processor or TV to re-clock the audio and send it to a DAC.

At this point it's no different then picking cat5, cat5e or cat6 ethernet cable to stream audio to your stereo or download this website... The data either arrives or it doesn't..   Selecting a cat5 cable for gigibit ethernet just doesn't work and the ethernet switch and network card will drop down to 100megabit ethernet.

I'm not even sure HDMI -> DVI-A cables would matter much.

I've had two different dealers try to sell me $200 HDMI cables and make the claim they look and sound better.   All I can do is smile and nod and ask for the $40 version.  I would even assume that's still too high but I do prefer a cable with a decent build quality and connectors.
« Last Edit: 12 Mar 2010, 06:48 pm by skunark »

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #11 on: 12 Mar 2010, 10:54 am »
Quick story- Bought a SONY 6' HDMI cable at Walmart-$39.99, Got a Monster 6' for like $59.00 at Best Buy,
Got one from Amazon for $3.00 shipped and a buddy of mine and I did a blind test...he switched em up, shell game type thing--I couldn't tell the difference either could he. I don't think HDMI cables need to be real high tech like audio cables do.