What did your Odyssey gear replace?

buckeyefanandy

« on: 26 Oct 2005, 12:34 am »
I am new to Audio and have not been able to audition lots of other gear.  It was very nice to hear all the praise the Odyssey gear has been getting.  I would like to hear what items your Odyssey gear has replaced and how big the change it made when you switched over.   What did you notice first.

I would like to see how many times David has beaten Goliath, and what gear the Odyssey Audio gear has allowed you to forget about.

What was it that made you switch.  

Thanks for any input.

Andy

bunky

Re: What did your Odyssey gear replace?
« Reply #1 on: 26 Oct 2005, 01:06 am »
Quote from: buckeyefanandy
I am new to Audio and have not been able to audition lots of other gear.  It was very nice to hear all the praise the Odyssey gear has been getting.  I would like to hear what items your Odyssey gear has replaced and how big the change it made when you switched over.   What did you notice first.

I would like to see how many times David has beaten Goliath, and what gear the Odyssey Audio gear has allowed you to forget about.

What was it that made you switch.  

Thanks for any input.

Andy
my Khartago monos replaced a 200 wpc Rotel RB1080.the Tempest replaced a Rotel RC 1090 preamp.the Symphonic Line Vibrato replaced a Denon HDCD player. and the Loreleis replaced Paradigm reference studio 100v3s and Groneberg cables replaced Audioquest cables. why did i switch you ask ? i was never happy with midfi gear so i made the transition to the good stuff as soon as possible and i will never look back! thanks....WCW III

Zero

« Reply #2 on: 26 Oct 2005, 01:13 am »
I will be comparing the Khatargo against the famed 30 wpc teac sometime soon...  that will be the only comparison going on..   Hardly a david versus goliath situation for the Khatargo - quite reverse actually !

Doublej

« Reply #3 on: 27 Oct 2005, 02:52 am »
When are you conducting the Khartago vs. Teac shootout?