What is the turn aroung time on Odyssey geat?

buckeyefanandy

« on: 19 Oct 2005, 10:26 pm »
Placed my first order for Odessey gear.  First order for any new gear that was not from a chain store.  I am very excited, but wanted to know what the expected time for production is from the experience of others.

bunky

Re: What is the turn aroung time on Odyssey geat?
« Reply #1 on: 19 Oct 2005, 10:50 pm »
Quote from: buckeyefanandy
Placed my first order for Odessey gear.  First order for any new gear that was not from a chain store.  I am very excited, but wanted to know what the expected time for production is from the experience of others.
klaus builds everything one at a time, on a amplifer or a preamp it may take two weeks but it is well worth the wait. thanks....WCW III

John151

« Reply #2 on: 19 Oct 2005, 10:54 pm »
It varies greatly, depending on the item and if he has the parts in stock.  

What did you order?

buckeyefanandy

Upgraded Khartago Amp.
« Reply #3 on: 19 Oct 2005, 11:54 pm »
I got an upgraded Khartago amplifier that is a sonic match to a Stratos plus.  I may order another Khartago or a Stratos.

bunky

Re: Upgraded Khartago Amp.
« Reply #4 on: 20 Oct 2005, 12:40 am »
I got an upgraded Khartago amplifier that is a sonic match to a Stratos plus.  I may order another Khartago or a Stratos.
i owned a pair of upgraded khartago monos and they were wonderful , i got greedy and bought Mono Extremes with double the power and crazy capacitance and these amps are staying put. both times that i ordered monoblocks from Klaus i took two weeks from order to delivery. i ordered the standard black finish. optional colors look great but can add alot more wait time. did you order the Plitron transformer option? if not get on the phone and tell Klaus that you want it in your Khartago,oh' you said that you got an upgraded one so the Plitron is most likely included in your Khartago Amplifier. thanks....WCW III

buckeyefanandy

I don't know if I have that upgrade or not.
« Reply #5 on: 20 Oct 2005, 03:24 am »
Do you know if the Khartago and the Stratos match up well in a home theater set up?  Would I need to match Khartagos or Get 2 Stratos.

byteme

Re: I don't know if I have that upgrade or not.
« Reply #6 on: 20 Oct 2005, 03:11 pm »
Do you know if the Khartago and the Stratos match up well in a home theater set up?  Would I need to match Khartagos or Get 2 Stratos.

They should have a very similar sonic signature - the difference is in the case and power supply / output.  If it were me, I'd keep the front soundstage (L, R, Center) powered similarly and the rears/sides could be another amp.  Although, I use 2 mono extremes for L & R and a Sherwood Newcastle AM9080 for the center and sides.

Brian

« Reply #7 on: 21 Oct 2005, 10:01 am »
Hi

Regarding the sound of Khartago and Stratos I must say that they sound very much alike. I have tried a bi-amp combo with Khartago taking care of the high and Stratos Plus the Low and I did not hear any sonically difference. The only real difference I have found between my Khartago and my Stratos plus is that the plus is more refinded in the bass and slighty better overall, when using one amp at a time. I think this is mostly due to the extra 60.000uF, which gives more controll of the speaker.

If I had to decide I would go for the HT3 for the front L,C,R and let the Khartago handle the back L,R. This would be a really good 5-channel set-up. If you have the money 3 monos instead of the HT3 would be very nice  :D

Brian

buckeyefanandy

My choice of Odyssey is based on performance for the dollar.
« Reply #8 on: 21 Oct 2005, 01:51 pm »
I am very new to this audio game.   I work for a very small non profit organization in the city of Cleveland.  This is my way of releasing the day when kids are shot or money is not there for programs.  

I love my work, but money is very tight.  I would love to bi amp or try some of the other ideas that some have shared, but at this point I am struggling to get system together that I can live with with about $1000/

Klause spent time working with me even when he knew I had almost no money to spend.  Many other dealers and companies have been very cold to my current situation, but Klause took the time to sell me the best amp for the money in the industry.  I don't know when I will actually get to listen to some music because I spent more on the amp then I had in my budget because I felt very confident that I would be happy for years to come.  

I am hopefull that I can get a Stratos some day,  It is the best looking amp I have ever seen.  Now I need to find speakers, a cd player, preamp, and wires/IC.  It will be a few months before I can listen to music, and I can't wait.

I will be searching the classifieds and auction sites in hope of finding another piece to a system that will satisfy.

Big Ups to Klaus, I will be buying from you for years to come.  I am still in my twenties so I hope that will be years to come.

Cheers

Marbles

Re: My choice of Odyssey is based on performance for the dol
« Reply #9 on: 21 Oct 2005, 01:59 pm »
I am very new to this audio game.   I work for a very small non profit organization in the city of Cleveland.  This is my way of releasing the day when kids are shot or money is not there for programs.  

I love my work, but money is very tight.  I would love to bi amp or try some of the other ideas that some have shared, but at this point I am struggling to get system together that I can live with with about $1000/

Klause spent time working with me even when he knew I had almost no money to spend.  Ma ...

Klaus has a wonderful $1500 system that includes the Khartagos, IC's, speakers, speaker wires and a pre-amp...just add a CD player and your all set.

Maybe you could work something out with him on this...

buckeyefanandy

Thanks for the advice.
« Reply #10 on: 21 Oct 2005, 02:08 pm »
I have talked to Klaus about the $1500 system, but it was a little out of my range for now.  I would still need a cd player to enjoy the music.  Thanks for the advice, I have heard great things about that little system.  

Andy

Marbles

« Reply #11 on: 21 Oct 2005, 02:15 pm »
Try this....

"Klaus, as you know I can't afford the $1500 deal right now, but what if I promise to get the items as I can afford them.  Will you sell the last item to me at a discount that would equal the $1500 system?

I will buy the rest of the items within 2 years..."

Klaus is a Republican (as they said in Kelly's Heros) see if you can negotiate with him :-)

bikes and beats

What do you need to complete the system?
« Reply #12 on: 21 Oct 2005, 03:25 pm »
You might let us know what other equipment you need to get your system up and running. I think we all are sitting on gear that is 'out of rotation" waiting to be sold to the right person!
-Cheers,
Mike

buckeyefanandy

The onlu thing set for now is my Khartago Amp.
« Reply #13 on: 21 Oct 2005, 04:56 pm »
I have sold all the stuff that I had in college to start a new Odyssey into HIFI.  The thing in college was killer movies.  Now the focus is on the music.  Based on countless hours of reading I felt Klaus had  the best component that I could afford.  I bought a upgraded Khartago amp that is being made while I type.  

Other than that I will be starting from the begining, everything built around the Khartago and someday a Stratos.

I have talked to a guy about a used Etasian and a set of used Epiphonies.  I also have had talks about ET lft 8 speakers.   I have a set of older DCM Timeframe 400 speakers that I can use for now.  Those were only $125.00.  I went that way so I could get the amp I wanted.

Any ideas would be welcomed.

thaks for the help.

buckeyefanandy

Speak of the devil/
« Reply #14 on: 21 Oct 2005, 07:16 pm »
While typing my reply to this forum UPS was delivering a very well packed piece of audio gear.  I was blown away at the substance of the Khartago amp.  It looked so small on the net, but this amp is awesome.  It says that it is a special edition with Plitrons,Quatro, and WTB's.  I am itching to see how this baby sounds.  I now believe all the hype about Klaus and Odyssey audio.

rosconey

« Reply #15 on: 21 Oct 2005, 08:37 pm »
thats why he is called -santa klaus -enjoy :mrgreen:

BikeWNC

« Reply #16 on: 21 Oct 2005, 09:05 pm »
Congrats - Give it plenty of time to break in before you listen too closely.  Let it run constantly for a week or two.

Andy

buckeyefanandy

It is the only piece that I have now.
« Reply #17 on: 21 Oct 2005, 09:09 pm »
I did not expect it to come so soon, no music for me yet.