Do the Odyssey preamps have HT bypass?

ajzepp

« on: 16 Oct 2005, 07:41 pm »
Though I'm toying with the idea of upgrading my Magnepan MMGs to something like the Loreleis, one other possibility is just adding a better quality 2-channel system to my HT rig. Right now I have an Outlaw 950 pro/pro with Outlaw M200 monoblocks.

I keep hearing that Maggie owners really love the Odyssey amps, so one thing I"m considering is just going to Maggie 1.6s as mains and spending some green on a nice 2-channel preamp and amp. Does either the Tempest or the newer Odyssey preamp (sorry, forget the name) have an HT bypass? Do any of you guys have a cleaner 2-channel set up incorporated into your HT?

Thanks!

PS. Anyone know what the Stratos or Khatargo amps do into 4 ohms?

bunky

Re: Do the Odyssey preamps have HT bypass?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Oct 2005, 08:26 pm »
Quote from: ajzepp
Though I'm toying with the idea of upgrading my Magnepan MMGs to something like the Loreleis, one other possibility is just adding a better quality 2-channel system to my HT rig. Right now I have an Outlaw 950 pro/pro with Outlaw M200 monoblocks.

I keep hearing that Maggie owners really love the Odyssey amps, so one thing I"m considering is just going to Maggie 1.6s as mains and spending some green on a nice 2-channel preamp and amp. Does either the Tempest or the newer Odyssey preamp (sorry, forget the ...
Klaus offers a HT bypass option with the Tempest and the Tempest Extreme is offered for those looking for a more refined phono section. the Etesian passive preamp is offered for those wanting a passive preamp. myself and many others are using the 300 wpc at 8 ohms Odyssey Extreme monoblocks for power amplification duties in our systems, quite a few of those folks are also Maggie users! i also use the Tempest preamp with the remote control option and it is a very fine preamp. call Klaus and he can explain all of the Odyssey audio gear options that are available and what would work best with what you are trying to achieve with your particular system. this man makes it his business to understand other manufacturers gear as well as he does his own. it is safe to say that i have never met anyone who is as well informed about highend audio as Klaus Bunge is. he knows all about synergy and what gear works well together. good luck....WCW III

ajzepp

« Reply #2 on: 16 Oct 2005, 08:33 pm »
Thanks again, Bunky.....you da man!  I'm actually afraid to call Klaus cause after reading all that I have about him and his company, I don't see how the man has time to SLEEP lol.

I think it's pretty clear to me that I've found a solution to my upgrade issues.....whether it's going to the Loreleis or sticking with my Maggies and upgrading my amplification, looks like Klaus has it covered :)  

Those Extreme monoblocks sound SWEET. That's what I would need for my Maggies....I'm excited about Odyssey!