GR/PR Couple Q's for Danny

Geoff ¥

« on: 14 Oct 2005, 11:22 am »
Danny what is the Xmax on your 12"-Pr.??

Also how much mass can it handle safely.??  :scratch:

Thanks much
Geoff ¥

Danny Richie

« Reply #1 on: 14 Oct 2005, 02:09 pm »
Danny what is the Xmax on your 12"-Pr.??

I don't have a way to test or measure that. It is an inch and a half rolled surround. It has a lot of room to travel.

Also how much mass can it handle safely.??

Do you think you need to add more? The front diaphram is 5/8" thick MDF. Then there is a large bolt through the center of it with a lock nut on it.

Without adding any mass to it, if you drop it into the 2.4 cubic foot box with our SW-12A then it will tune it to 22Hz.

Geoff ¥

« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2005, 02:52 pm »
Quote from: Danny
I don't have a way to test or measure that. It is an inch and a half rolled surround. It has a lot of room to travel.

I'm aware of the 1-1/2" half rolled surround, just thought you would know the Xmax. Guess one would have to consider it to be near the same as the SW-12A drivers throw.

Do you think you need to add more? The front diaphram is 5/8" thick MDF. Then there is a large bolt through the center of it with a lock nut on it.

Possibly, as it would have been a much smaller box using a (different driver). I'm very aware of your drop in SW-12A and the PR making up your nice sub kit.

Still planning to build 2 of the GR sub kits for a guy when he finally comes threw with the cash. :roll:  

I was just curious..    

Tanks
Geoff

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 14 Oct 2005, 03:02 pm »
I'm aware of the 1-1/2" half rolled surround, just thought you would know the Xmax. Guess one would have to consider it to be near the same as the SW-12A drivers throw.

Actually the X-max on the SW-12A is limited by the voice coil and not the surround. The X-max on the PR should be 25 to 30% more than the SW-12A as it is only limited by the suspension.

Geoff ¥

« Reply #4 on: 14 Oct 2005, 03:11 pm »
Figured that might get a little more out of yah. :wink:

Thanks
Geoff ¥

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #5 on: 20 Oct 2005, 06:09 pm »
Sometimes Danny is reticent.  Sometimes NOT.  :D