3 Enclosures - Contimuum A.D.'s @ Special Sale Price!

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
Hey Guys,

Anybody interested in (3) Continuum A.D.'s at a killer price?  I have a complete front channel setup of Red Cherry finished ones that have been sitting around the shop for a year and that are just taking up space.  It's a small miracle they haven't been damaged any more than they have in all the moving we've been through, but the fact is, they have some finish issues that are not really worth our time and trouble to repair.  The asking price is "as-is" and with no warranty on the finish.

They were made with the original tweeters but I figured that anybody that wouuld be interested in them would want them with the new tweeter upgrade.  So we'll upgrade them to the new tweeter if you want but we can't do it for free.  Along with that, you might want the new Excel woofers as well.  The black cone and copper phase plug look a lot better against the deep red cherry finish.

Basically, if these were a present production pair and in perfect condition, what with the piano lacquer front panels, Cardas binding Posts and wire, Excel woofers, etc., the three would retail for $11,992.50.  I'm only asking $3,600.00 for all three, but I'll consider a reasonable and serious offer as long as it's in the ballpark.  Talk about a killer H/T setup...and if you ever wanted to try stereo with a center channel (they used to do that a lot in the old days)...well, here's a deal you just can't pass up.

If anybody is interested - well just give me a call or PM me and let's talk.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with them from a performance standpoint.  We built them to demo to Reid Shippen (Michael W. Smith's engineer) down in Nashville and...get this...they wouldn't play loud enough for him.   :roll:  Last thing I would have ever guessed.

Anyway, I need to get them out of my way and I can't sell them as new product because of the finish issues along with the new tweeter/waveguide change.  With the upgrade, there's a small "ring" where the new tweeter throat mates up with the waveguide.  In a new model the throat/waveguide is seemless at that point.  Other than that, if you have them upgraded with the new tweeter/crossovers they are identical to a present production pair from a performance standpoint.

So...if you ever wanted our stuff but were mad at us because we had to raise our prices when we stopped selling direct - here's your chance to "get even."  There's only three enclosures like this so you better act fast.  One way or the other we're going to get rid of them, even if I have to post them on Audiogon.  I figured I'd give you guys a chance first.  So far, this will be the only posting I'll make, so nobody else out there knows except you guys  here on AC.  I'd rather see someone here get them than a total stranger.

First come - first serve.  I'll be standing by.

-Bob

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
« Reply #1 on: 20 Oct 2005, 10:59 pm »
Guys,

Hope you didn't wait too long.  Announcing the winner...Tbadder1!!!  Be watching for his review - soon to be another satisfied SP Tech owner (I hope :roll: )

-Bob

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #2 on: 21 Oct 2005, 06:51 am »
Quote from: SP Pres
Guys,

Hope you didn't wait too long.  Announcing the winner...Tbadder1!!!  Be watching for his review - soon to be another satisfied SP Tech owner (I hope :roll: )

-Bob
    Tbadder1 :[/list:u]
    I mean I love to rock...
    [/list:u]A past quote...
      Hey Bob,[/list:u]
        I think he'll be rock'in.... :rock: [/list:u]
          Nice deal Tbadder1...enjoy !!![/list:u]
            Chris[/list:u]

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    « Reply #3 on: 23 Oct 2005, 12:10 am »
    Well...

I mean I love to rock...

this little quote takes on a whole new meaning.  Not only has Mr. Tbadder1 chosen to add the new tweeter/crossover upgrade, but he has elected to spring for the Excel woofer upgrade as well!  Not only will he be enjoying the best we have to offer in sound, but his system will also be of the finest quality from an aesthetic perspective.  

This is all the more true considering the fact that the cabinet imperfections are actually less of an issue than I had at first thought.  Turns out that they won't require much work in order to clean up very nicely.  I didn't look real close at first, simply for the fact that the units are prior production models to begin with.  We couldn't sell them as new no matter what so..."outa sight, outa mind" - just had to get rid of them.  Tbadder1 - you're getting one heck of a deal!

Enjoy! :D

-Bob