Bolder Cable website

Wayne1

Bolder Cable website
« on: 13 Oct 2005, 05:17 pm »
The Bolder Cable website will be changing its host and credit card portal starting Friday the 14th. Any orders placed before then will be lost if not processed tomorrow. I have pretty much shut down the site for order taking.

I hope to get the new site up an running over the weekend.

I am sorry if this causes any problems for people wanting to spend money with me :lol:

I do accept Paypal and a personal check will work.

Just e-mail me if there is something you want and can't wait :D

Wayne1

Bolder Cable website
« Reply #1 on: 15 Oct 2005, 05:10 pm »
http://www17.serrahost.com/servlet/boldercablescom/StoreFront

Here is the link to the prototype of the new website.

It looks very similar to the old one. There are a few changes in the layout. There is still a lot of work to be done.

I haven't figured out how to get the host site to talk to the payment gateway yet. Two companies who say the other is causing the problem :?

For now only PayPal will be accepted. I can enter credit cards manually so if you call me I can do that. I still have to get the DNS numbers changed over.

I welcome any comments about the site. I don't really know the new software that much, but I will try to make changes when I can

BradJudy

Bolder Cable website
« Reply #2 on: 15 Oct 2005, 05:51 pm »
I like that there are pictures in the product lists now, but most of them are far too big and make it difficult to find what you're looking for (because the description gets squished).  Smaller pics would be nice at least on the list pages.  Larger pics could be used on the product page if you moved the description below the pic (so it didn't get squished).  It probably looks better on higher-res screens, but on my notebook at 1024x768 it gets hard to read through.

Wayne1

Bolder Cable website
« Reply #3 on: 15 Oct 2005, 06:14 pm »
Thanks for the comments, Brad.

That is one of the first things I need to do. Try to figure out an easy wasy to reduce the size of the "thumbnails"

Jay S

Bolder Cable website
« Reply #4 on: 16 Oct 2005, 01:35 am »
Hi Wayne,

In the mods section you may want to have a sub menu that can then be used to navigate to more detailed options on the DIO, OPPO, SB, etc.

Cheers,

- Jay

tdangelo

Bolder Cable website
« Reply #5 on: 16 Oct 2005, 04:15 am »
Hey Wayne,  I would suggest having 1 picture for each product and product variation(different plugs, connectors etc..)  For example, in the Audio Cable's section have 1 picture for the M80's,  one for the Nitro etc... Then have a drop down box showing the different lengths and cost.  I think there are many pictures of the same thing  :D

Tony D.

Wayne1

Bolder Cable website
« Reply #6 on: 18 Oct 2005, 05:28 pm »
Thanks for all the suggestion about the website.

The changeover to the new hosting service is done and I hope most of the issues with broken links from yesterday are taken care of. Credit card processing is also now working fine.

I plan on upgrading the software to allow me to have drop down selections for length etc.

There is supposed to be a newer software version coming out in a couple of weeks that will let me change picture size easier.

The site is still a little rough but it should smooth out soon.

Thanks for your patience.