Congrats Vinnie, Tom and Louis!

Gordy

« on: 11 Oct 2005, 05:01 am »
Paul Candy of 6moons tosses out some more accolades!  http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/rmaf05paul/rmaf05_2.html

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #1 on: 11 Oct 2005, 11:12 am »
Thanks for the heads up Gordy.  Congrats to Louis and Vinnie.

The upgrades and wood cabinets are great, but they double the "stock" price.  I hope the basic stuff never goes away.  Too many times the essence of a product and the roots of the company are forgotten.  Personnelly I'm a form should follow function kind of guy and think that it's "natural" for electronics to be in metal boxes (unless there's a sonic reason otherwise).

Like many here, my system would benefit much more from spending $500 on room treatments than on amp tweaks or pretty cabinets.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #2 on: 11 Oct 2005, 01:08 pm »
Hi Gordy,

Thanks for the link!  8)

Hi JLM,

Yes, the Lotus line is at a higher price than the Clari-T line and part of that is the handmade wooden enclosure (which does not relate to sound quality as far as we can tell).  The other part of that is for the upgrades and features (Auricaps, Black Gates, Cardas RCA + Binding posts, larger capacity battery, voltage gauge).  The Lotus Passive preamp uses all DACT components and Cardas RCA jacks, unlike the Puri-T passive.

Still, I understand your point of view and want you and everyone to know that the Clari-T line is not going way and we will keep the customization options as well.  

By offering the Lotus Line, we are trying our best to appeal to a wider audience.  We have received plenty of emails from those who love the idea of the Clari-T but wanted a fancier enclosure.  We also received plenty of feedback from those who love the minimalist approach of the Clari-T enclosure and the lower price that it brings.

I appreciate all the feedback!

Stay tuned for upcoming reviews this month:

-- Jay Fisher of the Robb Report will be reviewing the Lotus combo with the Zu Definition Loudspeakers and Cyberlight cables.

-- Michael Lavorgna of 6moons will be reviewing the Lotus combo with the Omega A8s (using Skyland stands), Red Wine modded SB2, and Audiopath cables.

Thanks again,

miklorsmith

« Reply #3 on: 11 Oct 2005, 02:46 pm »
Oh man, you're putting the screws on!  I gotta get my Definition review done first!!   :D

TheChairGuy

« Reply #4 on: 11 Oct 2005, 03:59 pm »
Vincenzo.....was this your handiwork?

Quote from: 6moons
The entire system including Eurolab turntable was completed battery powered

Couldn't help but notice that you have a vague tickle shot of a battery driven phono amp on your website, too.  If ever there was something begging for pure DC power, it would be vinyl playback, I think.  

Care to spill the beans on any plans in that direction  :roll:  :?:

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 11 Oct 2005, 04:30 pm »
Quote from: TheChairGuy
Vincenzo.....was this your handiwork?

Quote from: 6moons
The entire system including Eurolab turntable was completed battery powered

Couldn't help but notice that you have a vague tickle shot of a battery driven phono amp on your website, too.  If ever there was something begging for pure DC power, it would be vinyl playback, I think.  

Care to spill the beans on any plans in that direction  :roll:  :?:

Hi Chair Guy,

Yes, the all-battery vinyl rig was my doing and I'd say it greatly impressed everone who heard with with Louie and Tommy's records.  Vinyl playback on pure DC is amazing!  :singing:  

OK, here's the deal:

I will be offering a battery conversion mod for Lehmann Black Cube Phonostage users.  This will involve replacing the end of the Black Cube power cord with a custom 3-pin power connector, which will connect to a mating jack on the back of a black anodized aluminum battery enclosure (4" x 6" x 2.5").  Just like the Clari-T, modded Teac, and the other Red Wine battery products, there will be a simple ON/Charge switch and an external SLA automatic battery charger that will be included.  The improvement of the sound quality compared to both the stock and the "SE version" Black Cube power supplies is substantial.  A much blacker background is achieved, as well a smoother presentation that sounds more like a clean tube phonostage than a solid stage phonostage.  The cost of this full-battery conversion will be kept under $250, and I will post this on my webpage ("modifications" section) this week.

For those who are looking to purchase a new Black Cube with the battery power option, I will be selling them as a complete package that IMHO, offers a better sonic than the Black Cube SE package, and I will beat that price to boot  :wink:  

Regarding the Eurolabs turntable, it uses a 12Vdc motor, so I told Tom Hills that I'd love to make a battery supply for that as well.  He was game, and this resulted in the complete removal of our entire room from the power grid (except for the lamps and the chargers)  8)

While the modded SB2 and modded iPod were the hot new sources at RMAF, the all-battery vinyl rig sure held its own when we switched to it!  :o  

Thanks for your interest,

TheChairGuy

« Reply #6 on: 11 Oct 2005, 07:27 pm »
ahh, excellent Vinnie  :thumb:

And as outrageous priced tables go, the Eurolab doesn't seem to be in the stratosphere.  I had never heard of it until now.

Much to think about.....

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #7 on: 13 Oct 2005, 07:12 am »
Nice shot from 6moons website....say cheese !!! :D
    [/list:u]
      Louis , Vinnie, and Tom. :wink: [/list:u]

beatdownvictim

• http://DOULIK.COM
    « Reply #8 on: 13 Oct 2005, 09:49 am »
    haha holy crap, vinnie looks a lot like my favorite high school teacher! i thought that he'd be a LOT older.  I thought he'd look something like george lucas?!?????  

And Louis, i thought he'd be a short lil guy, mang i got an F'ed up imagination.  

Tom looks like a mobster, so i shouldn't state how i thought he'd look like.  Anyway, Godspeed to ya'll

Continue with the products!

Regards,

BDV

Rocket

« Reply #9 on: 13 Oct 2005, 10:08 am »
    Hi,

Funnily i pictured vinnie to be an older person than the photo shows.

Hopefully i will have my speakers finished in a couple of months which are 96db efficiency which would be a good match for the clari - t.

Regards

Rod

TheChairGuy

« Reply #10 on: 13 Oct 2005, 03:22 pm »
    Vinnie, I might have socks older than you  :lol:  I KNOW I have a couple neices older than you, for sure.

With all that Vinnie has done to start Red Wine Audio in such a short period of time - you hadda' figure he wasn't an old geezer.  Old geezers need more sleep than Vinnie is likely dreaming of these days.

Heck, I would guess Louis ain't but 5 years older than Vinnie, either.

Damn, I'm feeling old at 43 today :wink:

Gordy

« Reply #11 on: 13 Oct 2005, 04:23 pm »
    43?  Today? :birthday:  , but at 43 you still qualify as young punk if my claims to mid-age geez are to remain intact :(

DBV...  An astute observation, lad!  However, you've got it bass ackwards... Vincento "Little Vinnie" Rossi and Louie "The Omega Man" Chochos are known made members of the N.Y. Rave mob, whereas Tomasso "Dump 'em in da Hudson" Hillzanno is, as far as my limited knowledge goes, an "associate" as yet.   After thumping up on Vinnie in a beer drinking contest Sunday night (2 to 1.5) I doubt he'll be going far... :lol:

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    « Reply #12 on: 13 Oct 2005, 06:25 pm »
    Lonewolfny42,

Thanks for posting that goofy picture of me.  I'll make sure to get even, uh, I mean thank you when I see you next  :lol:

BDV and Rocket,

Why did you guys think I was a lot older?  I hope I disappoint anyone.   :wink:  

TCG,

Nah, Louie is more than 5 years older than me.  Either I look older than I am, or he looks younger than he is.  Of course the blurry photo that Srajan took doesn't help.  And yes, I wake up very early and go to bed very late.  In a few years, I'll look a lot older.  To add more to my plate, my wife's 'biological clock is ticking' and you know what that means  :o,    :argue:,    :shake:,  :bomb:    ...maybe next year.  

By the way,  :birthday:  (stupid emoticons get addictive)

Gordy,

Nice post!  

Vincenzo "The Vino" Rossi, Louie "The Woofa" Chochos, and Tommy "Dump 'em in da Hudson" Hillzanno (I love that one!).

BTW, those were tall glasses of beer at RMAF and I swear I was on an empty stomach!  :oops:

Thanks for adding fun to the forum guys!

Rocket

« Reply #13 on: 14 Oct 2005, 01:10 am »
    Hi Vinnie,

Probably from the maturity and knowledge of your posts.

regards

Rod

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
    « Reply #14 on: 14 Oct 2005, 01:57 am »
    Vinnie R. :
      Thanks for posting that goofy picture of me. I'll make sure to get even, uh, I mean thank you when I see you next...
        Your quiet welcome Vinnie.... :lol: [/list:u]
          I thought the shot looked pretty good...and why should I be the only one getting his picture posted every month.... :lol: [/list:u]
        Thanks for adding fun to the forum guys!
          As the motto of AC goes...."Lighten Up, It's Only Audio!".....I agree.... :thumb: [/list:u]
            Chris[/list:u]
              PS...Hey John..... :birthday: .... :guitar:  :drums:   :rock:  :guitar: [/list:u]

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
        More fun...
        « Reply #15 on: 14 Oct 2005, 02:11 am »
        Quote from: lonewolfny42
        I thought the shot looked pretty good...and why should I be the only one getting his picture posted every month....  

Hi Chris,

I see your point.  I do recall seeing your picture posted every month, usually with you leaning on some speaker  :mrgreen:

Hi Rocket,

Thanks for your kind words!

Ok guys, time to have a little more fun with this.  Who can guess my age?  The first AC Member to PM me with the correct answer gets a FREE pair of interconnects (any custom length up to 1 meter long):
        http://www.redwineaudio.com/cables.html

Ok, it isn't a Lotus, but these are very good sounding interconnects and might sound better in your system than others costing a lot more  8)

PS: Some of you already found out my age at RMAF, so technically it wouldn't be fair if you PM'd me  :roll:

beatdownvictim

« Reply #16 on: 14 Oct 2005, 04:24 am »
        you're 36?!
        i am so right!

aLLLLLLLRIGHT! [/quagmire]

beatdownvictim

« Reply #17 on: 14 Oct 2005, 04:26 am »
        so, am i right? please tell me i'm right!
        i need IC's!  woohoo!

why am i postwhoring?

beatdownvictim

« Reply #18 on: 14 Oct 2005, 04:27 am »
        Quote from: TheChairGuy
        Vinnie, I might have socks older than you  :lol:  I KNOW I have a couple neices older than you, for sure.

With all that Vinnie has done to start Red Wine Audio in such a short period of time - you hadda' figure he wasn't an old geezer.  Old geezers need more sleep than Vinnie is likely dreaming of these days.

Heck, I would guess Louis ain't but 5 years older than Vinnie, either.

Damn, I'm feeling old at 43 today :wink:

man, i knew it was your birthday (okay, i didnt know) that's why i called you the other day and vented some canadian rage towards you.  Happy birthday

and to get back on track

Congrats to the mobster trio for having a goofy picture taken of ya'll

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
        « Reply #19 on: 14 Oct 2005, 01:52 pm »
        All,

I received about 10 PMs already, and nobody is correct so far!  :o
        There have been a few duplicates...

I'll give everyone two chances.  Two of you were very close!  

BDV, you are pretty off on your guess  :mrgreen: