Visualization

MerRev

Visualization
« on: 11 Oct 2005, 03:07 am »
I'm listening to My Morning Jacket via NPR's webcast and loving it.  Part of the beauty of it to me is watching thru the Windows Media Players Visualizations.  

I know most of you guys are two channel enthusiasts so this may not be too important to you but what the hay- here goes:

does anyone know if it's possible to display a visualization program similiar to Windows Media Player to the tv through a digital source?

Too often I find myself reading along to some boring interview on Letterman or Leno thru SAP.   These distractions are quite annoying! :cry:

Anyway, I would love to invite a non audiophile friend over and have them entransed into just the music instead of whatever random thing is on the boob tube.  I know for me personally it is mesmerizing and I would love to find a way to mimic it.  Any thoughts or help would be much appreciated.    :D

-Thank you,
                                               Chris B.

Scott F.

Visualization
« Reply #1 on: 11 Oct 2005, 03:23 am »
Hiya Chris,

You should be able to put a second video card in your PC then route it as an input to your TV so you can watch the visualizations on the big screen. While you're at it, tap your audio output and route it as an input to your HT system, reciever, 2 channel system (or whatever your source is).

MerRev

Visualization
« Reply #2 on: 11 Oct 2005, 04:29 am »
Thanks for your help Scott.
Btw, your 300DRD creation looks tremendous!
Do you plan on writing about it on ETM DIY section?