They Live !!!!!

Scott F.

They Live !!!!!
« on: 10 Oct 2005, 10:27 pm »
Yep, thats right. They've been 11 months in the making but finally they live !!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, for your viewing pleasure, I give you the highly touted Wellborne 300b DRD's.

....jeeez, I thought I'd never finish them.
Next up are my remote controls for the preamps, the Wellborne PS8 for my tubed phonostage a new pair of cabinets for the Goodmans subs and last but not least, veneer for my Medallions.

At this rate I should finish these projects somewhere around the time I kick the bucket.

Anybody interested in a 300b party? Blackmore? Willie? Bill? Brad?

DeadFish

They Live !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 10 Oct 2005, 10:44 pm »
Those look gorgeous, Scott!
Yah,  I wanna hear them!  :mrgreen:
Count me in if the Good Lord lets me.
I'll start stockpiling blood now to sell for gasoline!   :wink:

Look at it this way, the more 'projects' you build up, the longer you have to have a reason for living!  :D

Lemme know!
Regards,
DF

Blackmore

300 DRD
« Reply #2 on: 11 Oct 2005, 12:11 am »
You bet!!!  The Yammys are ready to get out of the house again.  I'm still playing band director until October 29, but then I'm ready to hear those beautiful babies.  You want me to bring a digital amp over as a control?
 :lol:

Blackmore

DRD
« Reply #3 on: 11 Oct 2005, 12:33 am »
Wait a minute, I take that last smart-ass comment back.  I do want to hear Deadfish's Vinnie-modded Teac on the Lowthers.

Scott F.

They Live !!!!!
« Reply #4 on: 11 Oct 2005, 03:12 am »
Lets plan on something after Mark gets done with his band director duties. Hopefully MiKe D can make it then too.

DeadFish

They Live !!!!!
« Reply #5 on: 11 Oct 2005, 03:30 am »
Sounds good Scott.
Looking forward to the listen.

BTW, yer right, that Knopfler album is 'right good!'  :)

DF

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
They Live !!!!!
« Reply #6 on: 11 Oct 2005, 03:39 am »
Scott:
    At this rate I should finish these projects somewhere around the time I kick the bucket.
    [/list:u]
      Could you put me in your will ? :jester: [/list:u]
        Just kidding Scott....you did an excellent job on those 300b's....they look great !!! Happy listening !!!! :wink: [/list:u]
          Chris[/list:u]

mark@marktwain

They Live !!!!!
    « Reply #7 on: 11 Oct 2005, 06:18 pm »
    Hey I'd love to see those 300b's Scott, What happened to the pics :? Even better I'd love to hear em.  :o I guess I better start skippin lunches now so I can save enough dough for the road trip down to St louie.
     :mrgreen:

Scott F.

They Live !!!!!
    « Reply #8 on: 11 Oct 2005, 07:48 pm »
    Quote from: mark@marktwain
    Hey I'd love to see those 300b's Scott, What happened to the pics :? Even better I'd love to hear em.  :o I guess I better start skippin lunches now so I can save enough dough for the road trip down to St louie.
     :mrgreen:

Hiya Mark,

I think with the move of our forums to a new server, the gallery where the pics are/were stored is being worked on. As soon as the gallery is up and running again, you should be able to see the pics.

bmed

They Live !!!!!
    « Reply #9 on: 11 Oct 2005, 10:42 pm »
    Count me in for some 300b action!!

Cheers,
    Brad

drummerwill

They Live !!!!!
    « Reply #10 on: 12 Oct 2005, 02:20 am »
    Let me know when !
      Willie

Scott F.

They Live !!!!!
    « Reply #11 on: 12 Oct 2005, 04:08 am »
    Yippee!!!
    The gallery is working again. Thanks John...er I mean Mister Borg :D

Hey guys, anybody that wants to come over is invited (even guys form far away lands like Chicago, Indy or wherever), not just the 300b guys. I only mentioned them so maybe they would bring their amps over so we all could hear the different variations.

I talked to Jon VerHalen tonite and it sounds like I'm getting his latest Lowther creations to review. They are the Lowther 5" driver in a rear loaded horn (smaller than the Medallions). Best part is Terry Cain builds the enclosures. If you've seen Blackmores Abbeys, you know the quality of woodwork Terry does. These go WAY beyond furniture grade manufacturing.

Hey Willie, do you think it might be time to turn everybody on to the sound of a 50 or a 10 (hint, hint) :mrgreen:

bmed

They Live !!!!!
    « Reply #12 on: 12 Oct 2005, 01:30 pm »
    Hey Scott,

Those amps are swwweeeet!  They look SS-rectified; was that a change since your initial planning?  

Lowthers---I was looking at those on his site yesterday--Alerion???  The cabinet looks similar to the single BEN's (only smaller).  Never heard much about the smaller Lowther drivers, that would be interesting.  

Is your new TT up and running?  If all this is together now, I'm driving down sooner rather than later!!

Cheers,
    Brad

Scott F.

They Live !!!!!
    « Reply #13 on: 12 Oct 2005, 02:09 pm »
    Quote from: bmed
    Those amps are swwweeeet!  They look SS-rectified; was that a change since your initial planning?  

Lowthers---I was looking at those on his site yesterday--Alerion???  The cabinet looks similar to the single BEN's (only smaller).  Never heard much about the smaller Lowther drivers, that would be interesting.

Ron talked me into the SS rectification. I can't say that I hear any switching noise from the diodes but they aren't broken in fully yet. From what I can tell, I don't expect to hear anything so it looks like the SS rectification was a good choice.

The Lowthers are the new Alerions.

They look pretty darned cool. I can't wait to hear them myself :D

Is your new TT up and running?  If all this is together now, I'm driving down sooner rather than later!!

Dude, wait until you hear this thing. Vinyl isn't supposed to sound like this  :mrgreen:

mark@marktwain

They Live !!!!!
    « Reply #14 on: 12 Oct 2005, 02:41 pm »
    Hey Scott,
    From the pics it looks like you have been very busy since I was there at the last get together. Lots of new gear, moving stuff around etc. I cant wait to hear the new TT and the 300b's and new Lowthers too! Geeze I hope the wait isn't going to be too long!
    Mark

steve k

They Live !!!!!
    « Reply #15 on: 12 Oct 2005, 02:47 pm »
    Congratulations Scott! The DRD's look great. Wuowww! Your room has really changed.

I like that stair stepped baffle in that Alerion. Are those suckers laminated together?  TT looks great too. I'm anxious to see the stand. I still think you need blue uplights under the platter though. :lol: That's one sexy hunk of turntable meat.

So when's the party? Count me in.

steve