Poll

Anyone interested in making/changing this circle to be the "Southeastern Square".....?

Yes
5 (62.5%)
No
3 (37.5%)
Other, I'll post my thoughts
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: 13 Oct 2005, 01:10 am

Southeastern Square?

Carlman

Southeastern Square?
« on: 3 Oct 2005, 01:10 am »
Anyone interested in making/changing this circle to be the "Southeastern Square".....?

There is very little traffic or activity here and I'd like to make it home to all AC'ers in the Southeast.  We can talk about how heat and humidity warps our cabinets, pine beatles, or wearing shorts on Christmas day. ;)  I don't know... just throwing this out there...

-C

claud

Southeastern Square?
« Reply #1 on: 3 Oct 2005, 06:30 pm »
Carl,
What states do you consider in this new regional circle? VA, NC, SC, GA and FLA?

sheadlee

Southeastern Square?
« Reply #2 on: 5 Oct 2005, 01:49 pm »
Carl,

I'm open for anything that most wish to do. Obviously, since it's such a challenge to get together for meets (that we've held) 'locally', then going to something outside about a 2-3 hr radius will be almost impossible, for me.

Carlman

Southeastern Square?
« Reply #3 on: 8 Oct 2005, 01:10 am »
I don't think it's a good idea.. but just an idea... with only 7 total voting, there's no real conclusion I can make other than it's not a good idea... and probably wasn't a good idea to do a poll.  I mean, the whole point of a local club is to get folks involved locally.

Steve if you or anyone want to host somewhere farther west, feel free to pipe up.  :)  At least that way it will be more local and more fair.  However, lately I haven't seen much participation in the NC circle.  I'm wondering if it's going to start to fizzle.  :(

-C

sheadlee

Southeastern Square?
« Reply #4 on: 8 Oct 2005, 02:54 pm »
Carlman,

I would love to host sometime!!!

However...my progress on remodeling/repairing the house, seems to have gone in the negative direction. Until I can get the house finished...I am dead in the water...concerning hosting a meet. When I finally get done, I will certainly invite everyone to come play.

NealH

Southeastern Square?
« Reply #5 on: 8 Oct 2005, 05:11 pm »
These circles should be local (state level), with an open invition to all in the surrounding geographic area to join conversations and attend the meets.  I think this is basically happening, though I don't know that it is well explained and communicated on the circles.  

The potential issue with a larger geographical area circle, such as a SE circle, would be administering the logics of meets.  Since meets would not happen as often, people would spend a lot of time trying to coordinate agreeable dates to get a high turnout, trying to figure out how to get equipment around, trying to identify a large place to meet, etc.  Now there is nothing wrong with this and, it even makes sense once in a while but, it becomes much more of a once, or twice a year "Stereophile" show than a group of hobbyist followshipping, being exposed to more equipment and set-ups, drinking, and talking audiotrash all the while evolving in their hobby.