October Jam?

Jeff

• Industry Contributor
  • Test...
    • Sonic Craft, Inc.
October Jam?
« on: 2 Oct 2005, 05:27 am »
Hi Guys!

I am relatively new here.  However, I am interested in attending the next Jam.  Hopefully, it is not too early to start discussing a October event?

Regards,
Jeff

brj

October Jam?
« Reply #1 on: 2 Oct 2005, 05:44 am »
If you or someone you know would like to host, please feel free to speak up! I'm sure you'll get plenty of feedback. :)

Other than that, I don't think you'll see too many responses until people get back from the Rocky Mountain Audio Festival.  I know of 3 local members that are definitely attending, although, unfortunately, that number does not include myself... :(

kyyuan

Re: October Jam?
« Reply #2 on: 3 Oct 2005, 11:20 pm »
Quote from: Jeff
Hi Guys!

I am relatively new here.  However, I am interested in attending the next Jam.  Hopefully, it is not too early to start discussing a October event?

Regards,
Jeff

welcome to AC

brj

October Jam?
« Reply #3 on: 11 Oct 2005, 04:42 am »
Bump!

Hey Danny, Gary, Jeff, and others that attended the RMAF.... it's been mighty quiet around here!  No reports or comments? :)

Do we have anyone interested in hosting another jam before the holiday craziness starts?  Heck, neither my college or professional football teams are doing well enough that I'd regret giving up an afternoon in favor of some good audio! :(

Hoots

October Jam?
« Reply #4 on: 23 Oct 2005, 05:50 pm »
I might be interested in hosting.   Is there anyone that would like to bring some gear or would we just be listening to my stuff?

brj

October Jam?
« Reply #5 on: 23 Oct 2005, 06:52 pm »
Quote from: Hoots
I might be interested in hosting.

Thanks for the potential offer, Hoots!  We might be a bit hard on the volume control occasionally, but we haven't damaged anything yet... heck, Art's wife was apparently impressed enough that we are even allowed back! :D

If you think it will work for you, let us know what your thoughts are in terms of possible dates and any desired focus (speakers, amps, sources, etc..)

Quote from: Hoots
Is there anyone that would like to bring some gear or would we just be listening to my stuff?

:lol:

We certainly haven't had a shortage of gear yet, compliments of both the natives and some generous out-of-town vendors and dealers! :)  I suspect that if you have a particular focus in mind, people will be happy to provide options.

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
October Jam?
« Reply #6 on: 23 Oct 2005, 07:10 pm »
i can bring the dodd audio entry level preamp

marvin

Hoots

October Jam?
« Reply #7 on: 24 Oct 2005, 01:06 am »
I am open to suggestions but always enjoy hearing different speakers but understand the logistic challenges.

For my system I've been interested in what a tube pre-amp can do for 2-channel vs my pre-pro.

I have the following:
* Onix Ref 3, 2, 1, 100 7.1 speaker system (CSW PSW1 sub temporarily)
* Emotiva Pre/pro + 7-channel amp
* Denon 2900
* PT P1A w/SOCS and Monolithic Power Supply
* Music Hall MMF-5 Turntable
* HP Media Center PC
* Comcast/Motorola HD tuner w/DVR
* Mitsu 55" RPTV

I'll check on some open dates

marvda1

October Jam?
« Reply #8 on: 27 Oct 2005, 01:52 am »
hoots, any word yet?  i might have an onix a120 mk2 integraated by then, i chickened out when my sp-3 had problems and instead of taking a new one asked for the ss amp. i loved the mids and highs of the sp-3 but could not get over losing the power and detail of ss bass.

marvin

marvda1

October Jam?
« Reply #9 on: 27 Oct 2005, 01:53 am »
come on everyone let's hear who would like to attend another jam.

marvin