Wireless router suggestions for Squeezebox

Tweaker

« on: 1 Oct 2005, 06:26 pm »
For those of you who have a Slim devices Squeezebox what wireless router(s) can you recommend?
 I've decided to buy one as I'm getting fed up with recording my vinyl collection to cds only to find there's a glitch some where on the cd, not to mention the capacity limitations.

Paul_Bui

• Rode NTK and S-1 microphones
« Reply #1 on: 1 Oct 2005, 07:14 pm »
I'd been using Linksys wireless-G 2.4GHz router months before SB2 came.  After the 1st and now a 2nd SB2 arrived, they worked with the exisitng router very well, either from other room across the hallway on the same floor, or from a room downstairs.

jholtz

Re: Wireless router suggestions for Squeezebox
« Reply #2 on: 1 Oct 2005, 07:32 pm »
I'm using a Netgear MIMO router and have excellent signal strength anywhere in the house from every PC and laptop that are spread out over 3 levels. The SB2 also has a great signal without ever a dropout. I'd highly recommend it.

Jim

Quote from: Tweaker
For those of you who have a Slim devices Squeezebox what wireless router(s) can you recommend?
 I've decided to buy one as I'm getting fed up with recording my vinyl collection to cds only to find there's a glitch some where on the cd, not to mention the capacity limitations.

PhilNYC

« Reply #3 on: 1 Oct 2005, 09:53 pm »
I'm using a Netgear 614 and it seems to work fine.  It's one of the standard 802.11g/54m routers (not these new double-speed routers)...so it was $30 at Best Buy...

dogberry

« Reply #4 on: 1 Oct 2005, 09:56 pm »
I also have the Linksys 2.4 GHz wireless router and it's very nice.  A breeze to setup.  Highly recommended.

Papajin

« Reply #5 on: 2 Oct 2005, 08:42 am »
I have this guy: D-Link DGL-4300 IEEE 802.11b/g,802.3/3u Wireless Gaming Router and have been quite pleased with it.  Prior to this router I was using a Netgear WGR614v2 which was a 10/100 router, and had a lot of random dropouts with it.  It just seems to lose sync with comcast frequently and rebooting the router would cause it to reconnect.  I've never had that trouble with the D-Link.  Multiple firmware upgrades never did fix the Netgear's problem either. :(

Tweaker

« Reply #6 on: 2 Oct 2005, 11:24 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions. Looks as though I will have to do a coin toss.

MonkeyK

« Reply #7 on: 3 Oct 2005, 11:26 am »
I have an SMC  Barricade (I think thats it)

it sits in my basement and the SB2 and my wifes laptop connect with no problem.

Been running fine for two years

PeteG

« Reply #8 on: 14 Oct 2005, 02:32 am »
As recommend already, I picked up a Linksys wireless-G 2.4GHz router for my SB2 and it works like a dream. BestBuy has a $20 mail-in rebate right now.

Tweaker

« Reply #9 on: 28 Oct 2005, 06:56 pm »
I bought the Linksys wireless and had everything up and running in about 5 minutes. The Squeezebox is very cool, and sound great! Thanks again for all the suggestions.

pugs

« Reply #10 on: 26 Nov 2005, 06:06 am »
Quote from: dogberry
I also have the Linksys 2.4 GHz wireless router and it's very nice.  A breeze to setup.  Highly recommended.

What's the model number?