Baltimore/Washington users?

william

« on: 1 Oct 2005, 04:40 am »
I am looking for someone close to home that would let me hear their Loreleis.  I am also hoping to learn from others.  Location, location, location...  Anyone?

bunky

Re: Baltimore/Washington users?
« Reply #1 on: 1 Oct 2005, 11:47 am »
Quote from: william
I am looking for someone close to home that would let me hear their Loreleis.  I am also hoping to learn from others.  Location, location, location...  Anyone?
hello William, i received your pm and i have your phone number and i have every intention of contacting you when time permits me to do so. i am a single parent so things are pretty crazy around here. im sure we can arrange an audition of the Loreleis for you. mine are still improving so give them a little more time to fully break in and i will contact you to arrange some seat time for you to sit in the sweet spot of my modest two channel system. what county is Olney Md located in.?

pacifico

« Reply #2 on: 1 Oct 2005, 12:49 pm »
olney is right down the street from rockville in montgomery county. It is nice to know that there are other audiophiles in the area. Maybe we cah form a regional circle like some the other people here. I would love to meet others with this disease and benefit from othe people's experiences with their equipment.-ap :mrgreen:

bunky

« Reply #3 on: 1 Oct 2005, 03:15 pm »
Quote from: pacifico
olney is right down the street from rockville in montgomery county. It is nice to know that there are other audiophiles in the area. Maybe we cah form a regional circle like some the other people here. I would love to meet others with this disease and benefit from othe people's experiences with their equipment.-ap :mrgreen:
would that be cool or what ? there is a guy named Rick that i talked to the other night there is you. myself in glenburnie and William in Olney. Chris B is just over the state line in Arlington VA. maybe when Klaus gets back from the rocky mountain audiofest he can give me a list of people in Md, DC,northern Va and southern Pa. and try to see if there is enough interest to form our own mid Atlantic regional circle. i think it is worth a shot dont you ?

Joules

« Reply #4 on: 1 Oct 2005, 04:29 pm »
Hey all--- what about those of us that live in northern Virginia? I've been thinking I'm the only one in the DC area, particularly a DIYe'er

bunky

« Reply #5 on: 1 Oct 2005, 05:33 pm »
Quote from: Joules
Hey all--- what about those of us that live in northern Virginia? I've been thinking I'm the only one in the DC area, particularly a DIYe'er
hey man, i included northern Virginia in the concept for a mid Atlantic regional audiocircle ! Chris B lives in northern Va too!i belong to diy sites myself mainly to get a better understanding of how all of this stuff works. i am color blind so it might present a problem if i actually tried to construct a circuit. as of now you are part of the list. thanks.....WCW III

pacifico

« Reply #6 on: 1 Oct 2005, 06:21 pm »
I am particularly happy with the possibiltiy of founding a mid-atlantic circle with you all. I look forward to furhter discussions. Let's see how big we can get. There's alot people around here that have this interest.

Merle

• http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/modules.php?op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=albums.php
« Reply #7 on: 2 Oct 2005, 12:01 am »
We can't forget Baltimore!! No Odyssey equipment here but I still love the stuff!

Joules

« Reply #8 on: 2 Oct 2005, 12:04 am »
Quote from: bunky
Quote from: Joules
hey man, i included northern Virginia in the concept for a mid Atlantic regional audiocircle ! Chris B lives in northern Va too!i belong to diy sites myself mainly to get a better understanding of how all of this stuff works. i am color blind so it might present a problem if i actually tried to construct a circuit. as of now you are part of the list. thanks.....WCW III

WOO HOO !!!

bunky

« Reply #9 on: 2 Oct 2005, 01:03 am »
Quote from: Merle
We can't forget Baltimore!! No Odyssey equipment here but I still love the stuff!
hey Merle, arent you the guy that steered me away from the mundane midfi Gear in the direction of the more enlightend higher end stuff!

bunky

« Reply #10 on: 2 Oct 2005, 01:25 am »
this thread belongs to William in Olney Md. we have camped out here long enough. i posted a thread at audio central trying to gauge how many folks are interested in having a mid Atlantic chapter of the audio circles please kindly move this discussion to the mid Atlantic audio circles? thread. William i left my phone number on your voice mail.............thanks......WCW III

Chris_B

« Reply #11 on: 2 Oct 2005, 01:33 am »
Sounds like a great idea.  Also, if anyone wants to stop over to Arlington some weekend to hear my Loreleis, let me know.

Merle

• http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/modules.php?op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=albums.php
« Reply #12 on: 2 Oct 2005, 03:50 am »
Bunky wrote:

hey Merle, arent you the guy that steered me away from the mundane midfi Gear in the direction of the more enlightend higher end stuff!

When I met you, you were looking for new speakers for your Yamaha receiver. I introduced you to the joys of Paradigm. I take no responsibility for what's happened since! :)

william

« Reply #13 on: 2 Oct 2005, 05:55 pm »
Wow!!  Thanks for the great response.  I can't say that I have the bug but I know what I enjoy listening to.  I would very much like to take up the offers to hear the Lorelei's.  It would be nice to get other opinions as I don't always trust my ears.  I have had issues with my room.  I am at the point that I am not sure that it's the room anymore but rather, it's my speakers (Snell CII).

Bunky, I will catch you later today by phone.  I appreicate the follow-up.  I think your regional idea sounds good, and it sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

William (Willie)

bunky

« Reply #14 on: 2 Oct 2005, 06:40 pm »
Quote from: william
Wow!!  Thanks for the great response.  I can't say that I have the bug but I know what I enjoy listening to.  I would very much like to take up the offers to hear the Lorelei's.  It would be nice to get other opinions as I don't always trust my ears.  I have had issues with my room.  I am at the point that I am not sure that it's the room anymore but rather, it's my speakers (Snell CII).

Bunky, I will catch you later today by phone.  I appreicate the follow-up.  I think your regional idea sounds good, and it sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

William (Willie)
once you hear the Loreleis it will only be a matter of which finish to choose when ordering a pair from Klaus. they are all very beautiful but i must admit i am partial to the dark red cherry and i also think Chris Bs pair which are the only pair i have ever seen in oak are absolutely stunning to look at also. the idea for a audio circle in our region was actually spawned by a comment by Pacifico to me reguarding my Question as to which county Olney Md was located in. i expanded on  the idea to include most of the mid Atlantic region .we are all in this together and if anyone knows how to create a poll using the regional audio circle poll template in the town square section of the audio circles please do so or pm me with detailed instructions on how to do it .we need to move from the audio central post to the town square according to the forum rules. can someone from our little mid atlantic huddle please step up to the plate and help make this good idea a reality?