Odyssey + B&W?

Brian

Odyssey + B&W?
« on: 28 Sep 2005, 08:22 am »
Hi

I would like to know if any of you guys have experience with the combination of Odyssey and B&W-speakers  - especially the Nautilus 8xx-series.

Brian

Digi-G

Odyssey + B&W?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2005, 06:17 pm »
I'm using a Stratos Extreme (stereo) with B&W Nautilus 805's with very good results.  Very balanced and very open sounding.  I suspect I might not be getting the big benefits in the bass that others experience with the addition of Odyssey amps, but even the 805's gained a bit of bass oopmf that they didn't show before with my Denon AVR-3300 receiver.  I'm using a Velodyne sub too, but I can tell the 805's are reaching lower than they used to (I run them full range).

Vocals and acoustic instruments (guitar and piano) sound really warm and natural.  Even the bigger scale stuff sounds pretty solid.  I should mention that I'm using a Rane THX equalizer, but it's used mostly to tame my subwoofer and I only have minor adjustments for my main speaker pair.

Which B&W models are you considering? The only other B&W Nautilus model I've heard was the $11K 801's (?) I believe.  And that wasn't with Odyssey gear.  (The room I heard the 801's in sounded a little boomy to me though).