October Meeting?

Carlman

October Meeting?
« on: 23 Sep 2005, 05:43 pm »
Is anyone interested in hosting an October meeting?  I hope to have a few 'show and tell' items burned in by then. ;)

Bingenito

October Meeting?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Sep 2005, 07:49 pm »
I am interested but cannot commit until I know the actual date.

Please keep my posted!

Thank you

Bryan

Carlman

October Meeting?
« Reply #2 on: 23 Sep 2005, 08:16 pm »
Not sure what you mean, Bryan..... Are you interested in hosting?.. and are waiting to figure out a date?  Or, just interested in attending?
Thanks... sorry if I'm dense.
-C

Bingenito

October Meeting?
« Reply #3 on: 23 Sep 2005, 08:20 pm »
Just saying that I am interested in attending your meeting but cannot commit until I know a date

Carlman

October Meeting?
« Reply #4 on: 26 Sep 2005, 01:21 am »
Well now... don't everyone volunteer at once!  So, looks like Bryan and myself are interested in attending a meeting sometime in October.  I've hosted the past couple of times so I was hoping someone else was interesting in having it.  October is a good month because November starts all the holiday parties and plans...

I will likely host a holiday party sometime in December that will be mainly a social event.  :beer:  :)

-C

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
October Meeting?
« Reply #5 on: 26 Sep 2005, 04:42 am »
Who's on first...what's on second.... :lol:
    Reading the above posts...[/list:u]
      Bryan :
Just saying that I am interested in attending your meeting but cannot commit until I know a date...
[/list:u]
    How about this...Bryan, you host and pick a date. I'm sure a few would like to hear your new stuff...and Carl can bring over his TACT.[/list:u]
      Just a few thoughts.... 8) [/list:u]
        Chris[/list:u]

Bingenito

October Meeting?
« Reply #6 on: 26 Sep 2005, 10:12 am »
As much as I would like to host a meeting in October I just have way too much going on.

From November on I will be ready to host just about anytime but as Carl pointed out that is when everyone is busy with Holidays.

claud

October Meeting?
« Reply #7 on: 26 Sep 2005, 01:36 pm »
I think I would like to have a meeting in Jan or Feb . My room is small, but If I provide enough cold beer, it should go OK. I would like to get a pair of the D-100 CI monoblocks from Dusty and A/B/C them in my system with the Nuforce monos and my Cary V12R.
I think that at least 3 guys can listen at a time , as we do at Carls house. I hope Shane will loan the Nuforce amps.

claud

October Meeting?
« Reply #8 on: 27 Sep 2005, 12:03 pm »
Carl,
    It looks like there ain't gonna be an October meeting unless we and our ladies get together for sushi. Please think about which month you like better for the first 06 meeting, Jan or Feb. I'll do the rest. It may not even stress out my little room if only the hardcore crowd comes. That of course leaves more cold beer for you , I, Tim and Shane.
Come on you guys, the weather is getting colder, so lets return to our audiofool pursuits. Lets meet somewhere in October or November.
Regards,

Carlman

October Meeting?
« Reply #9 on: 27 Sep 2005, 02:41 pm »
There is a nice new sushi place called 'Akashi' I'd like to share... They have half-price night Thu-Sat on select rolls... many of which I like.  The chef left our other favorite, Shiki-sushi and is doing a great job.  It's right in the heart of RTP and isn't close to anything... and the atmosphere is OK but nothing fantastic.  However, the food is excellent.

Anyway, I'd be more than happy to have a sushi night next weekend. (not this coming).... The state fair will be here in mid-October... around the 21st sometime... maybe everyone's going to that?  ;)

However, I'd be happy to have a Halloween weekend audio-meet for the realm of 'cores or even more!  We can compare 'spooky' music or something.  :lol:

Much of my gear is in limbo at the moment.  I'm waiting on a measuring device from TacT, I've loaned out Straley's cables to LW in NY, my room needs treatment, and so on... So, that's where I stand... but I should be in good shape by the end of the month.

L8r,
Cman

Inscrutable

• http://home.earthlink.net/~inscrutabl/index.html
October Meeting?
« Reply #10 on: 29 Sep 2005, 01:08 am »
Howdy strangers.  Haven't been in these parts in a while.  As has been the case, the next couple months is pandemonium for me.  I may only be able to join you in spirit.  And we still haven't even broken ground onthe new house, so even end of the year is starting to look very optimistic.   :x

I am however going to be around off and on, and if we are struggling for a meet place and idea ...  Tift Merritt and Nanci Griffith are playing the newly renovated Memorial Hall at UNC on Friday Oct 7th.  I'm going to try like hell to make it.  Love to hook up with anyone else up for it.  Shirl and I will probably catch a bite over there somewhere and then take in the show.  Nanci was really good when i saw her last year with John Prine, and if you've not caught Tift, you really owe it to yourself to do so.  Her live shows - especially on her home court - are quite special.  Anyone up for it?

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
October Meeting?
« Reply #11 on: 4 Oct 2005, 03:14 am »
I would be interested in coming for a visit to the triangle area. Used to live up there and I want to visit some family that lives in Garner. I will bring some gear and music.

drubrew

• http://www.moon-audio.com/
Meeting
« Reply #12 on: 7 Oct 2005, 02:30 pm »
I'm moving to a new House in Nov. The new media room will be 18' by 24' so there will be plenty of room for alot of equipment. If you guys want to have a meeting in the middle of Dec. I should have my system up by then.
Drew Baird
Moon Audio

Hantra

October Meeting?
« Reply #13 on: 31 Oct 2005, 03:17 pm »
Did we ever have a meeting?  

I've been AFK for a long time, and am trying to catch up.   :wink:

Inscrutable

• http://home.earthlink.net/~inscrutabl/index.html
October Meeting?
« Reply #14 on: 1 Nov 2005, 01:42 pm »
B,
Don't think so ... but i've been underwater myself.  i'm hoping to surface by the holidays.  not sure what's up with the gang.

Carlman

October Meeting?
« Reply #15 on: 1 Nov 2005, 02:18 pm »
No meetings occurred.  I have a friend in town this weekend and I'm borrowing a bunch of gear from Shane/HTDoc.. So, I'll be doing some listening for sure. :)

I think Claud is planning to have a meeting in Jan/Feb sometime.  Otherwise, nothing's really planned for this year.

-C

claud

October Meeting?
« Reply #16 on: 2 Nov 2005, 01:36 am »
I think January. The sooner the better.

claud

October Meeting?
« Reply #17 on: 2 Nov 2005, 01:53 am »
I just Emailed Shane beggin for Nuforce demo amps to A/B with the Channel Islands D 100s.

hometheaterdoc

• Industry Participant
October Meeting?
« Reply #18 on: 2 Nov 2005, 07:34 pm »
Hey guys,

I've been MIA for a while.  I had a lot of stuff going on like you all and then had some medical stuff to deal with recently.  Morphine is your friend.... that is my new slogan :)

I'm up for whatever.  I let Claud know he can borrow whatever he wants.

I've got a lot of stuff in flux at the moment that I hope to nail down in the next month or so....  stay tuned....