Yes, I'm still alive and love Audio Circle...

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« on: 21 Sep 2005, 12:10 am »
All,

I apologize for not posting as much as I usually do these last few days.

I've been really busy with the following:

-- Building, Testing, etc. of the completel Lotus System that will be reviewed by Jay Fisher of the Robb Report.  Jay will be reviewing it with the Zu Definition Speakers.  

-- Building, Testing, Packing, and Shipping the goodies for RMAF and the 6moons review to follow RMAF.  

-- Finishing the 60Gb iMod, which is now listed here:

http://www.redwineaudio.com/iMod.html

The 60Gb mods are all contained inside the unit, and the headphone out gets converted into a line-out jack.  This becomes a kick ass little battery powered source, but smaller and the ability to hold over 100 CDs in Lossless compression!  Most importantly, it is very impressive sounding and will be at RMAF for all to give a listen to...  :P  :P  :P

-- Keeping up with orders, emails, phone calls, and all that fun stuff.  :wink:

-- Planning out webpage updates, some of which will happen before RMAF, and a lot more after RMAF.

-- Did I mention RMAF?  :lol:   It's getting close and it is going to be a blast!  Louis has a brand new little speaker that will be released there.  It features a custom 5" driver in a Super 3 sized enclosure.  Also, the Red Wine battery mod for the Lehmann Black Cube phono stage will be released, along with a custom battery supply for a EuroLab Turntable.  

I won't matter if there is a freak power outage...the music will play on in Room 7924...analog or digital, or BOTH!  :mrgreen:

powerbench

RMAF
« Reply #1 on: 21 Sep 2005, 04:40 am »
Darn will Louis stop inventing new speakers I can barely keep up :!:  :!:  :!:  :o

miklorsmith

« Reply #2 on: 21 Sep 2005, 02:27 pm »
Hopefully, I'll be able to post my initial Monica/Clari-T/Modwright/Definition review before the Robb Report comes out!  Speaks should be here in about 3 weeks.  The custom dark, candy red paint chip should be here tomorrow for final approval.   :mrgreen:

Nobody's sending glares your way, Vinnie.  You're one of the most prolific among us.  FYI - at some point my Teac is coming your way.  Can you do a full dual-mono in the chassis using the two resident amplifier chips?  The dual-mono Clari-T is so great, this seems like natural evolution.

And, as soon as we get a new computer (not long), I'm going to be a Squeezeboxer.  I've already got about 300 CD's stored as .wav's, so I'm ready to roll.  That unit will be coming your way as well.  Then I can have the official RWA Monica-2 vs. Squeezebox-2 shootout on a Clari-T/Def system.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #3 on: 21 Sep 2005, 05:05 pm »
Quote from: miklorsmith
Hopefully, I'll be able to post my initial Monica/Clari-T/Modwright/Definition review before the Robb Report comes out! Speaks should be here in about 3 weeks. The custom dark, candy red paint chip should be here tomorrow for final approval.  

Nobody's sending glares your way, Vinnie. You're one of the most prolific among us. FYI - at some point my Teac is coming your way. Can you do a full dual-mono in the chassis using the two resident amplifier chips? The dual-mono Clari-T is so great, this seems like natural evolution.

And, as soon as we get a new computer (not long), I'm going to be a Squeezeboxer. I've already got about 300 CD's stored as .wav's, so I'm ready to roll. That unit will be coming your way as well. Then I can have the official RWA Monica-2 vs. Squeezebox-2 shootout on a Clari-T/Def system.

Hi miklorsmith,

Cool, you'll be doing a MiklorSmith Report review of the Red Wine Audio / Zu Combo!  8)  I'm looking forward to reading it!

Regarding making the Teac dual mono, if you want it to be true dual-mono, it will require a separate battery for each channel (as I do for the dual-mono Clari-T).  The Red Wine Teac uses two 12V SLA batteries to make 24V.  I'd need another two of them for true dual mono.  This probably would not fit, and would need two power switches, and a big ol' charger.  Can it be done?  Sure it can, but it would be cheaper and probably better to use two Teacs, each one a monoblock amp.  I've actually done this for a customer who owns Druids and the Method sub, and he is very happy with this combo.  He went all out with V-Caps, WBT Platinum RCAs, you name it  :o   I have his Ultrapath battery powered tube preamp here and will be modding it soon...

One you get your computer and SB2 setup, I will be looking very forward to hearing about your shootout!  Nice!  :P

-Vinnie