Ok if these resistor values are slightly changed in Cornet?

markmaloof

I'm ordering Rikens for R1 and R9 for the Cornet Classic (as recomended in previous posts), but will be going with Dale-Vishays for the other resistors, except for a couple values I can't find in the Vishays that will result in my ordering those from Mouser.  Anyways, there are a couple Vishay values that vary ever so slightly from the original schematic recomendation, and I'm wondering if these are "off" enough to cause a problem, or in the ballpark enough not to matter:

R14: instead of 47K, it would be 47.5K

R4: instead of 300k, it would be 301K

R2: I'm changing this to a 3.9K as recomended, as I will be using the 370BX instead of the 270bx (again, I have an original Cornet board, but I'm making the changes for the better transformer.)  For the Dale-Vishays at Welborne, there is no 3.9K 1 watt, but there is a 4.02K.  Close enough, or should I hunt at Mouser for a 3.9K?

Also, instead of 30 ohms, it would be 30.1, but that is so close, I'm sure it would not  have any effect.  The other values seem close enough to me to not matter, but I just want to be sure I'm doing this right before I proceed to put the thing together.

hagtech

Ok if these resistor values are slightly changed in Cornet?
« Reply #1 on: 19 Sep 2005, 08:04 pm »
No problem with the resistor values.  Anything within 5% will be ok.  More important that channels are matched, rather than having absolute values.

I don't remember any 30ohmers, you mean 30k I hope.  Don't want to get that value wrong or the 12AU7 will probably start glowing red.

jh :)

markmaloof

my goof
« Reply #2 on: 19 Sep 2005, 08:17 pm »
Yes, that is 30K, not 30 ohms!  Don't worry, I'll order the correct values (otherwise, kaboom!)