RMAF Pre-Show Warm Up

reefrus

RMAF Pre-Show Warm Up
« on: 17 Sep 2005, 04:15 am »
Hi All:  I'll be hosting an open house at my place on Thursday the 29th from about 1pm until whenever.  Come join me for no-pressure, listening sessions, complete with refreshments and libations.  This is for anyone from in or out of town, and is meant to be FUN!   :beer:

Since I'm not exhibiting this year for SP Technology, I'll have plenty of time for playing.  Demo system consists of Revelation MR1 II Speakers from SP Technology, Belles Amps and Pre-Amp and my trusty 15 year old digital playback system (Bitwise) so bring your favorite music along.  

I'm about 15 minutes from the Marriott Tech Center.  Email me to get directions and the address, and to RSVP. See you here.   :peek:

mgalusha

RMAF Pre-Show Warm Up
« Reply #1 on: 17 Sep 2005, 01:23 pm »
Hi Steve,

Just so happens I'm taking Thursday the 29th off from work. I'd love to hear the setup as it sits today.

If you have any interest in hearing one of the little Squeezebox 2's, I'd be happy to bring mine along with a laptop to stream the audio from. We can of course extract any CD tracks you would like to the disk to play your music. Let me know if you want me to bring it along.

Either way, I'll be there. :D

Mike

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
RMAF Pre-Show Warm Up
« Reply #2 on: 17 Sep 2005, 01:32 pm »
I get into Denver around 10:00am so count me in!

The SB2 would be a great idea and add to the fun.

George

reefrus

RMAF Pre-Show Warm Up
« Reply #3 on: 17 Sep 2005, 02:18 pm »
Awesome guys! Just bring whatever you have, it's always fun to try new things.  :drums:

PeteG

RMAF Pre-Show Warm Up
« Reply #4 on: 17 Sep 2005, 09:42 pm »
Hey Steve,
I’ll try to stop by, I would like to hear the difference with the new tweeters in.

reefrus

RMAF Pre-Show Warm Up
« Reply #5 on: 18 Sep 2005, 01:44 pm »
That'll be fun Pete ! So far, I'm very happy about the new tweeter sound. How is your system tuning BTW?

PeteG

RMAF Pre-Show Warm Up
« Reply #6 on: 18 Sep 2005, 04:18 pm »
My continuums xovers are at SP tech, getting a modification do to a bad cap in one of the tweeter xovers. Bob let me know the new mod’s sonic improvement is astounding and a much easier load for the amp to drive. Should have them back next week.

I’ll tell ya, Bob has one of the best customer services for his products I’ve seen.

Pete

sunshinedawg

RMAF Pre-Show Warm Up
« Reply #7 on: 26 Sep 2005, 08:14 pm »
Hey,  are you guys still getting together?  I just spoke with George and he would still like to come.

Sean

mgalusha

RMAF Pre-Show Warm Up
« Reply #8 on: 26 Sep 2005, 10:06 pm »
I plan on being there unless Steve puts the kibosh on it. :)

mike

reefrus

RMAF Pre-Show Warm Up
« Reply #9 on: 27 Sep 2005, 12:54 am »
Hey guys,
Been busy last couple of days. The party is still on :D . Bar open at 1pm till ............... :beer:
I'll be here !

PeteG

RMAF Pre-Show Warm Up
« Reply #10 on: 27 Sep 2005, 02:13 am »
Steve,
Just take it easy on my ears, if you start hitting 110db I don’t know if my ears can make it for three more days of listening at RMAF :lol:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
RMAF Pre-Show Warm Up
« Reply #11 on: 27 Sep 2005, 06:33 am »
Quote from: PeteG
Steve,
Just take it easy on my ears, if you start hitting 110db I don’t know if my ears can make it for three more days of listening at RMAF :lol:
Pete,
    A tip for you...at 110db....keep an eye on the woofer. Amazing... :wink:  :lol: [/list:u]
      Chris[/list:u]

PeteG

RMAF Pre-Show Warm Up
« Reply #12 on: 27 Sep 2005, 10:58 am »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
Steve,
Pete,
    A tip for you...at 110db....keep an eye on the woofer. Amazing... :wink:  :lol: [/list:u]
      Chris[/list:u]

Yes they are!, Steve had the bass on my Continuums hitting 106db
in my small room :mrgreen:

reefrus

RMAF Pre-Show Warm Up
« Reply #13 on: 27 Sep 2005, 01:13 pm »
Just take it easy on my ears, if you start hitting 110db I don’t know if my ears can make it for three more days of listening at RMAF

Quote from: lonewolfny42
A tip for you...at 110db....keep an eye on the woofer. Amazing...  

That's why the party is "Pre- Show Warm UP". :mrgreen:
I guaranty all your ears will be Loosing Up and ready for the RMAF. :lol:

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
RMAF Pre-Show Warm Up
« Reply #14 on: 27 Sep 2005, 07:51 pm »
Pete,

You'll be able to put on your own show this weekend if you want!  The mod/repair will be there Thursday via BAX Global - guaranteed.

See you in a couple days. Enjoy.
 :D
-Bob

mgalusha

RMAF Pre-Show Warm Up
« Reply #15 on: 30 Sep 2005, 12:41 pm »
A big thanks to Steve for having us all over yesterday. I don't know how late they kept going as I hit the wall at about 8:45 but the system was sounding very nice. Can't wait to hear the SP room at the show. :D

Mike

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
RMAF Pre-Show Warm Up
« Reply #16 on: 30 Sep 2005, 01:52 pm »
Quote from: mgalusha
A big thanks to Steve for having us all over yesterday. I don't know how late they kept going as I hit the wall at about 8:45 but the system was sounding very nice. Can't wait to hear the SP room at the show. :D

Mike

Mike, I think we finally went to bed around 1:00am or so (which was 3:00am for me).

I want to echo Mike's sentiments on Steve.  Besides having a great system, Steve was an awesome host (he would fit in beautifully hosting a rave in NYC)!!   :beer:

We had a special treat after Mike left (sorry Mike) in that Bob (SP Tech President) and his family showed up at Steve's.  We spent hours listening to music and talking to Bob about his speakers and the music industry.

Lastly, just a quick blurb on the sound of Steve's system...

Steve has the SP Tech Revelations (which were one of the best rooms at last year's RMAF) and they are as dynamic and impactful as ever!!   :drums:

Steve had upgraded the Revelations and I am happy to report that they upgrade had smoothed out the treble and allowed us to listen to 10+ hrs of music without any fatigue or burnout.

Thanks again Steve.

George

PeteG

RMAF Pre-Show Warm Up
« Reply #17 on: 30 Sep 2005, 02:17 pm »
I would like to say thanks to Steve too, a great host with all the goodies.
I had a very good time (didn’t stay as long as everybody else), I enjoyed listening to great gear and awesome company. Thanks guys.

reefrus

RMAF Pre-Show Warm Up
« Reply #18 on: 30 Sep 2005, 05:09 pm »
Thanks guys for your kind words :D .
What can I say; Good company, good music, good drinks. What can I ask for anything more! :dance:

sunshinedawg

RMAF Pre-Show Warm Up
« Reply #19 on: 4 Oct 2005, 03:26 am »
I would like to also add a late "thanks" to Steve.  He's a great host and I had a wonderful time.  Here's some pics  

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=638