Not much HiFi in Frankfurt

drummerwill

« on: 13 Sep 2005, 11:39 am »
Well I've been here in Frankfurt Germany for 9 days now. I planned to get out and see/hear some German HiFi.  I made contact with a German shop via AA before the trip but on the saturday I was to go downtown, I couldn't seem to contact the shop by phone, so I did some sovenier shopping instead.
  When I was here in the Army in the 70's I use to hangout at this great Jazz spot " The JazzKeller" so I planned to revisit that too. The night I went downtown for that, there was a Winefest in the street a block over. The JazzKeller posted doors opened at 22:00 I waited around till 23:15 sipping wine then gave up at 23:30pm.
  I'm a bit disappointed not all my plans worked out.  Oh well, I'll be back to my 45pp amps and 300Bs tomorrow.
   Have fun
  Willie

Scott F.

Re: Not much HiFi in Frankfurt
« Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 2005, 05:48 pm »
Quote from: drummerwill
Well I've been here in Frankfurt Germany for 9 days now. I planned to get out and see/hear some German HiFi.  I made contact with a German shop via AA before the trip but on the saturday I was to go downtown, I couldn't seem to contact the shop by phone, so I did some sovenier shopping instead.
  When I was here in the Army in the 70's I use to hangout at this great Jazz spot " The JazzKeller" so I planned to revisit that too. The night I went downtown for that, there was a Winefest in the street a block o ...

Sounds like you are having a good time despite not finding any shops. So are you over there on business or pleasure?

Oh, we need to hook up sometime soon so I can grab all that old iron (sorry, I keep forgetting to call :oops: )

drummerwill

« Reply #2 on: 16 Sep 2005, 05:34 pm »
Yo Scott, it was business, I'm back now !

The iron my wife made me put most of them in  the heavy trash pickup.
 But a couple of the Big PT's I could throw out and a few of the OPT's I keep, I just couldn't do it.  You're still welcome to them anytime.

Willie

drummerwill

« Reply #3 on: 16 Sep 2005, 05:34 pm »
Yo Scott, it was business, I'm back now !

The iron my wife made me put most of them in  the heavy trash pickup.
 But a couple of the Big PT's I could throw out and a few of the OPT's I keep, I just couldn't do it.  You're still welcome to them anytime.

Willie