Huge Garage Sale !!!!!

Marbles

Re: loreleis in Indy
« Reply #40 on: 28 Sep 2005, 02:56 am »
Quote from: timind
I live on the west side of indy and am interested in a pair of Loreleis. Currently have a pair of Shearwater Hot Rods listed on Audiogon. How can I get info? Thanks.

You must call him at 317-299-5578  Wait until after 12:00 noon....he works very late into the evening and sleeps late into the day....

John151

Huge Garage Sale !!!!!
« Reply #41 on: 28 Sep 2005, 03:42 am »
He left for the RMAF today.

Marbles

Huge Garage Sale !!!!!
« Reply #42 on: 28 Sep 2005, 03:58 am »
He takes his cell phone with him everywhere....it's the number I provided.

timind

• permanent vacation
Thanks Marbles
« Reply #43 on: 28 Sep 2005, 10:23 pm »
Thanks for info Marbles. I'll call him soon. His address listed here is only three or four miles fom me. I've been reading some good stuff about Odyssey Audio and think I'll check it out personally if it can be arranged.

buckeyefanandy

Man what a relief.
« Reply #44 on: 2 Oct 2005, 09:43 pm »
:drums:

Man am I glad that I found this site.  I have had a very tough time trying to get into this audio game.  Thanks for all the info about this company.  I sold off all my gear last week in hopes of getting the cash for the $1500 system.  But now I see that dreams can become reality.  I hope to get one of those Strati that are on that list.  Fingers are crossed.  It feels like the night before Christams, I can't wait to see if there are any left.  I have not even bought anything yet, but Odessey rocks, finally a place that makes me feel welcome in this High end community.  Thanks for all the little guys.  I am young and poor, and I love music.
I will be a lifelong customer.

Rocket

Hi
« Reply #45 on: 2 Oct 2005, 11:47 pm »
Hi,

I purchased an odyssey khartago last week and it is currently burning in as i type.  I have had a number of audiophile amplifiers in my system over the last 6 years.

I wish i had just spent my money on the khartago in the first place and just sat back and listened to the music.

Regards

Rod

bunky

Re: Hi
« Reply #46 on: 2 Oct 2005, 11:59 pm »
Quote from: Rocket
Hi,

I purchased an odyssey khartago last week and it is currently burning in as i type.  I have had a number of audiophile amplifiers in my system over the last 6 years.

I wish i had just spent my money on the khartago in the first place and just sat back and listened to the music.

Regards

Rod
hey Rod, i think i see a pair of Khartago monos in your future.

buckeyefanandy

Anticipation, long term relationship.
« Reply #47 on: 3 Oct 2005, 12:09 am »
Oh man,

I think I am going to run around and do a happy dance.  I can not tell you how long I have tried to find people that are happy with thier rig.  I have talked to a guy who lives in Columbus who owns an Stratos extreme.  He is going to let me come and listen even though I could not afford it now, I feel like I am going to catch a glimpse of my audio future.   He is going with mono blocks and sounds happy.   He has all three sets of speakers to audition as well.  

Is there any news on an Odessey sub?  Or CD player?  What do they cost?  Several items that I have heard about are not on the site.  Cyclops, Sub, and Nightengale.  Are they discontinued

Any recomendations in the same cash to performance ratio as an Odessey?

bunky

Re: Anticipation, long term relationship.
« Reply #48 on: 3 Oct 2005, 01:02 am »
Quote from: buckeyefanandy
Oh man,

I think I am going to run around and do a happy dance.  I can not tell you how long I have tried to find people that are happy with thier rig.  I have talked to a guy who lives in Columbus who owns an Stratos extreme.  He is going to let me come and listen even though I could not afford it now, I feel like I am going to catch a glimpse of my audio future.   He is going with mono blocks and sounds happy.   He has all three sets of speakers to audition as well.  

Is there any news on an Odessey  ...
if i could find a better value vs performance ratio than Odyssey i wouldnt be on this site typing this reply....thanks....WCW III

buckeyefanandy

Sorry, that was not a well stated question.
« Reply #49 on: 3 Oct 2005, 01:10 am »
I wanted to know if there is a sub of cd player that is a close match to the odessey gear that has a similar value?  Or will I have to spend big $$ on a cd Player?

Marbles

Huge Garage Sale !!!!!
« Reply #50 on: 3 Oct 2005, 01:52 am »
Klaus can set you up with a sub at a very reasonable price.

He can set you up with a CD player as well, but they are very very good Symphonic Line CD players from Germany and very very expensive as almost all things made in Germany are.

John151

Huge Garage Sale !!!!!
« Reply #51 on: 3 Oct 2005, 02:06 am »
I was interested in a Symphonic CDP, but I found the cost to be prohibitive (at least for now).    These are pure Symphonic, so we don't get the Klaus low-cost miracle.  I am quite pleased with my MiniMax CDP, so I am not all that motivated,  plus I just drained my funds on a set of Lors.

klaus@odyssey

Huge Garage Sale !!!!!
« Reply #52 on: 15 Nov 2005, 09:31 am »
I haven't heard of a Clown based amp before...must have been bought from side show Bob  

Well,  just came back to this....

And then there was the dyslexic who sold his soul to Santa.

klaus@odyssey

Huge Garage Sale !!!!!
« Reply #53 on: 15 Nov 2005, 09:37 am »
OK,  as to the sale.

Here's what's still available:

NEW  (20 Hrs)  SME IV  Arm.  Nearly 4 k new,  sell for $ 1950.

New (50 hrs)  vandenHul Condor Gold cartridge.  nearly 5 k new,  sell for $ 1900.

1 more of each,  Khartago and Stratos/120,000 uF,  $ 500 - 650.

1 pair of Nightingales,  near new,  $ 900.

CJ PV 10 A with Phono and new tubes,  $ 600.

1 demo Symphonic Line Klarheit 2 CD Player,  $ 3,500 new,  sell for $ 1900.

1 x Tempest b-stock,  remote,  NOT  extreme version,  AVBP $ 750.

7 meter (23 feet) Purist Audio water cable,  awesome,  $ 350.

Late,

Klaus