Huge Garage Sale !!!!!

byteme

Huge Garage Sale !!!!!
« Reply #20 on: 10 Sep 2005, 03:04 pm »
I could be interested in a Khartago and epiphony's.  Lots of fun stuff on there!!

fredgarvin

stuff
« Reply #21 on: 10 Sep 2005, 04:11 pm »
Count me in for the VMPS, odyssey amps or a preamp!

Bob A (SD)

Huge Garage Sale !!!!!
« Reply #22 on: 10 Sep 2005, 07:04 pm »
Kinda confused here.  By posting here are we in a queue with some priority -or- should we be calling Klaus with posts here counting for naught?

--Bob

John151

Huge Garage Sale !!!!!
« Reply #23 on: 10 Sep 2005, 10:53 pm »
Klaus indicated to me on the phone Fri night that he had received a lot of PMs.  If you are interested, I would either PM or call, and also post just so everyone else knows what is in demand.

Doublej

Huge Garage Sale !!!!!
« Reply #24 on: 11 Sep 2005, 12:56 am »
I'm interested in a Khartago or a Stratos.

Carlman

Huge Garage Sale !!!!!
« Reply #25 on: 11 Sep 2005, 01:05 am »
It would be very nice if Klaus could post an updated list, what's sold, and the prices of the remaining stuff.  However, I know that's a lot of work and takes time so I'll be patient. :)

bunky

Huge Garage Sale !!!!!
« Reply #26 on: 11 Sep 2005, 05:31 pm »
i think the ARC  SP 3 tube preamplifier would be interesting to own.

peter59

huge garage sale!!
« Reply #27 on: 12 Sep 2005, 08:05 am »
I would be very interested in demo loreleis if it is not too late. I will have to put my MONITOR Audios on the market. With the addition of the loreleis I will have a complete Odyssey system. Any takers out there for a pair of MONITOR AUDIO Gold ref 60's??

klaus@odyssey

Huge Garage Sale !!!!!
« Reply #28 on: 16 Sep 2005, 08:28 am »
OK, OK, OK,   aaaargh.

Been nutty busy here the last days, (what else is new ?)  and also had to deal with Alex getting sick,  so had very little time on my hands.

Now,  I received over 70  !!!!!  (as always,  you guys are even nuttier and always up for the cheapos,  hehehe.  Much obliged)  Pm's calls, and emails.
About half of the stuff is gone,  and some stuff that I was supposed to get in trade such as the 626's never did come.  So,  I'll get back with everybody this weekend and make a list of the items still available with firm $$$.

Thanks to all from Klaus' audio hobby store.

Late

Doublej

Huge Garage Sale !!!!!
« Reply #29 on: 16 Sep 2005, 12:53 pm »
Seems to me that you need to have a customer appreciation sale for all of us that didn't get any of the garage stuff.

How about 20% off everything new from Odyssey for one weekend. That will plump up your coffers just in time for your own personal holiday spending spree.

Cheers

Soundbitten

Huge Garage Sale !!!!!
« Reply #30 on: 16 Sep 2005, 01:08 pm »
Quote from: Doublej
Seems to me that you need to have a customer appreciation sale for all of us that didn't get any of the garage stuff.

How about 20% off everything new from Odyssey for one weekend. That will plump up your coffers just in time for your own personal holiday spending spree.

Cheers

I'd say Odyssey is already the best bargain in audio but  never look a gift horse in the mouth either

jkm

Huge Garage Sale !!!!!
« Reply #31 on: 16 Sep 2005, 04:15 pm »
I agree. Let's not rock the boat or else Klaus will smarten up and triple his prices.

Eduardo AAVM

Huge Garage Sale !!!!!
« Reply #32 on: 16 Sep 2005, 07:23 pm »
Not because of you guys, but sometimes I think that if Klaus rises his prices he would get more recognition from those stupid and snob audiophile guys we all know, sad fact but at least I know some here in Mexico that fit in what I describe.

I would love to see a Tempest.. but no, there is none...

Bob A (SD)

Huge Garage Sale !!!!!
« Reply #33 on: 19 Sep 2005, 01:23 am »
Quote from: Klaus
In the next month or so I'll have a huge AC garage sale going on.
I have to make room, that simple, because at this point, I have enough gear to fill a store. Figure about 8-10 systems worth.

So, just checking if there is any interest in the following, (will have details later with priceswhen I have the time to check back and see how much $ I have in the units)

Quote from: John151
Klaus indicated to me on the phone Fri night that he had received a lot of PMs.  If you are interested, I would either PM or call, and also post just so everyone else knows what is in demand.

Obviously I misunderstood Klaus' initial post which came across to me much like those on many other forums where you get a place in the queue in response to the request for interest with pricing and confirmation of an acceptance of offer to follow.  Mine was one of the very first posts in this thread.   Lesson learned :( and really no biggie as some unexpected expenses have come up which have taken precedence.

--Bob

Doublej

Huge Garage Sale !!!!!
« Reply #34 on: 19 Sep 2005, 01:29 am »
Ditto with me. I thought that expressing interest by posting a response would have put me in a queue. I guess I should have called him.

Bummer I needed a new amp (still do)

klaus@odyssey

Huge Garage Sale !!!!!
« Reply #35 on: 19 Sep 2005, 08:35 am »
double post

klaus@odyssey

Huge Garage Sale !!!!!
« Reply #36 on: 19 Sep 2005, 08:37 am »
OK,  no bummers here,  don't worry about it :

Still available:

3 x Khartagos from $ 400.
can still make about 4 x Strati,  from $ 500.  to $ 800,  all w/ 120,000 uF
1 x HT 3  / 180,000  uF  $ 1,000
CJ  PV 10 A  w/ phono  make offer
ARC  LS 3 (sorry,  my mistake,  it's not the tube unit)  make offer
1 x Lorelei,  CALL
Cables / a couple of Quattros
7 meter Purist  water cable Ref 2  for only  $ 350  !!!!!! (interconnect RCA)
1 x Nightingales,  cherry.  Review sample from Soundstage $ 900.

Everything else either has been sold or hasn't materialized.
Each one of my units has the full 20 year warranty,  and as always,  please call me  @ 317 299 5578,  or mail me at  odav@odysseyaudio.com.
Some of the units even have the current red boards available,  others are tweaked green boards (actually very ,  very good)

Honestly,  I just wanted to see if there's some interest at all to sell off some of the stuff that's laying around and getting my $  out,  but the feedback was overwhelming.   Feel like a knockout 30 year blonde  36 x 24 x 36  in one of those dating sites,  that's how good the results are.

Boys,  you've made me feel so special  !!!!!!

audiojerry

Re: huge garage sale!!
« Reply #37 on: 25 Sep 2005, 06:19 am »
Quote from: peter59
I would be very interested in demo loreleis if it is not too late. I will have to put my MONITOR Audios on the market. With the addition of the loreleis I will have a complete Odyssey system. Any takers out there for a pair of MONITOR AUDIO Gold ref 60's??

Just to chime in, I had a friend's pair of the 60's in my possession for an extended period of time. I believe they are listed at around $4500. They were very detailed with excellent bottom end response, and I thought they were fairly sensitive at around 91db. I liked them for the most part, but I felt they accentuated the higher frequencies, and the metal tweeter had a definite sonic signature.  If peter59 feels the Lorelei is an upgrade to the 60, then the Lorelei must be a very good value.

I've never heard the Lorelei, but I hope one day to hear Byteme's setup.

bunky

Re: huge garage sale!!
« Reply #38 on: 25 Sep 2005, 01:29 pm »
Quote from: audiojerry
Just to chime in, I had a friend's pair of the 60's in my possession for an extended period of time. I believe they are listed at around $4500. They were very detailed with excellent bottom end response, and I thought they were fairly sensitive at around 91db. I liked them for the most part, but I felt they accentuated the higher frequencies, and the metal tweeter had a definite sonic signature.  If peter59 feels the Lorelei is an upgrade to the 60, then the Lorelei must be a very good value.

I've never heard the Lorelei, but I hope one day to hear Byteme's setup.
hi,audio jerry, at todays Euro to US dollar conversion which i just checked this morning after i saw your post. the Symphonic Line Legato loudspeaker that retails for $ 6.981.18 is identicle in every aspect to the $2.700 Lorelei except that Klaus sources the cabinets from Canada instead of Germany. if there is a better loudspeaker value out there than the Lorelei i am not aware of it. if you know of a better value ratio than that would you please let me in on it?i personaly own the Loreleis and i feel that they are the best thing to ever happen  to my humble 2 channel system.thanks.............William C Waldecker III

timind

• permanent vacation
loreleis in Indy
« Reply #39 on: 28 Sep 2005, 01:53 am »
I live on the west side of indy and am interested in a pair of Loreleis. Currently have a pair of Shearwater Hot Rods listed on Audiogon. How can I get info? Thanks.