Force frequency output when using Theater input??

MSutton

« on: 9 Sep 2005, 02:08 am »
Documentation on the Force (along with recent forum comments) mentions that:

"the Theater input also provides a reduction of the extreme low bass for greater dynamic range."

Please excuse my audio ignorance, but is this input reducing/disabling the lower 20hz range?  This is exactly the range I'm looking to reach and one of the selling points of the Force: price/performance that specs with much more expensive competition.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #1 on: 9 Sep 2005, 11:47 am »
Thank you for bringing this up. There is a lot of confusion about the use of the Theater Inputs.  We recommend the Theater input ONLY in two situations:

1) You need additional dynamic range for HT use . . . the Theater input is NOT recommended for two-channel music use. In fact, rarely is it needed for HT use. The main reason it is there is:

2) IF you want to have the sub used at the same type in a dedicated two-channel setup using the left and or right inputs, and then the Theater input can be used for the HT input. In this way, the two systems can be adjusted and calibrated separately. The HT processor controls the sub level for HT, and the sub level for two-channel is controlled by the subwoofer level control.

After reading your post, I went back and edited the description of the inputs/filters on the Force and Titan page. I hope I've clarified. Please let me know if there are more questions.  Once again, MOST of the time we recommend either the left or right inputs (or both), rather than the Theater input.

MSutton

« Reply #2 on: 11 Sep 2005, 03:35 am »
So to further clarify, does it matter if I run the sub cable to the left or right input, or should some kind of Y-cable be used?

Thanks.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #3 on: 11 Sep 2005, 04:45 pm »
Quote from: MSutton
So to further clarify, does it matter if I run the sub cable to the left or right input, or should some kind of Y-cable be used?

Thanks.

Either left or right, no y needed . . . Happy Sunday!