Problem with SB2 and the Now PLaying button

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« on: 4 Sep 2005, 04:46 pm »
According to the documentation, the following is supposed to happen when you press the Now Playing button on the remote:

Press the gray NOW PLAYING button to view the current song playing in the playlist. Use the gray UP and DOWN buttons to scroll through the current playlist. Press NOW PLAYING again to switch between display of minutes and seconds into the current song, minutes and seconds remaining in a song, a bar graph of progress through the song, or a combination of time and progress.

In my system, I only get the current song info. When I press the button a second time nothing happens. Additionally, when I set the option for the Now Playing button on the server, it defaults back to the original setting regardless of what I select and change.

I am running this version:

SlimServer Version: 6.1.1 - 3774 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252

Anybody else having this issue?

George

tdangelo

« Reply #1 on: 4 Sep 2005, 05:49 pm »
George,  if after you press the now playing button you keep pressing it you will scroll through the different "now playing" modes like spectrum eq.  total playing etc...  Just keep pressing the button till you get a mode you like.  I'm using the latest nightly but it's worked that way since I started with 5.1.x

Tony D.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 4 Sep 2005, 11:04 pm »
Quote from: tdangelo
George,  if after you press the now playing button you keep pressing it you will scroll through the different "now playing" modes like spectrum eq.  total playing etc...  Just keep pressing the button till you get a mode you like.  I'm using the latest nightly but it's worked that way since I started with 5.1.x

Tony D.

Hmmmm....not working as you decribe.

Maybe I will have to uninstall and reinstall.

George

mgalusha

« Reply #3 on: 5 Sep 2005, 02:50 am »
Mine does work as described. I am running the same version of SlimServer as you are. The only exception is mine is running on a Win2K3 server box however I did have it running on a WinXP box and it behaved the same way.

SlimServer Version: 6.1.1 - 3774 - Windows Server 2003 - EN - cp1252

Have you tried changing the screensaver in the Player settings section of the software? That should cause the now playing display to change.

jakepunk

« Reply #4 on: 8 Sep 2005, 05:20 am »
Zybar, I experience the same symptom you describe.  I am running slimserver 6.1.1 with firmware version 15.  I did notice that the text you quoted does not appear in my printed manual, but it does appear in the online documentation within the web interface.  I suspect that the functionality changed since the online help was created and that the printed manual correctly describes the intended behavior (see pages 12 and 17 of the printed manual for a description of the NOW PLAYING button).

I have a mystery of my own: I can't figure out how to show elapsed/remaining time.  I twiddled with the screensaver settings in the Player Settings, but I must not be doing it right since it has no effect.

Wayne1

« Reply #5 on: 8 Sep 2005, 01:22 pm »
jakepunk,

To get elapsed time etc. you need to go into player setting on your computer when the SB2 is connected to Slimserver.

You will see a setting for: now playing information. If you scroll through that, you should be able to set the SB2 to show what you want.

tdangelo

« Reply #6 on: 8 Sep 2005, 01:45 pm »
from page 12 of the SB2 Manual:

"Press NOW PLAYING to display the song you are listening to. Press NOW
PLAYING again to cycle through different display formats for the now playing song, including graphic visualizers and progress meters."

works on mine ;)

jakepunk

« Reply #7 on: 8 Sep 2005, 02:33 pm »
Thanks, Wayne.  I figured out what my problem was: I have the font size set to maximum so I can see the VFD from across the room.  The elapsed time is only visible when the font is smaller and multiple lines are displayed.  I assumed that since the spectrum analyzers are visible with the large font that the elapased time would be, too.  But you can only see the elapsed time with a smaller font.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 8 Sep 2005, 02:41 pm »
Quote from: jakepunk
Thanks, Wayne.  I figured out what my problem was: I have the font size set to maximum so I can see the VFD from across the room.  The elapsed time is only visible when the font is smaller and multiple lines are displayed.  I assumed that since the spectrum analyzers are visible with the large font that the elapased time would be, too.  But you can only see the elapsed time with a smaller font.

Ah!!!   :idea:

My font is large also.

I will play around with that tonight when I get home.

Thanks for the info.

George