Upcoming ACI Price Increases

Mike Dzurko

« on: 2 Sep 2005, 03:36 pm »
ACI Price Increases

Whenever possible, we want to share ACI news FIRST with those of you who participate here at Audiocircle. You are the ACI extended family  :D

Effective September 16,  we will be implementing price increases on many ACI products. At this time we don’t have all the details, but we wanted you to have a “heads up”.  I can tell you that this applies to a number of models of speakers as well as various accessories. It also looks like we’ll need to increase shipping prices to compensate for increased rates.  Products ordered up through midnight, September 15, qualify for the current prices.

If you have any questions, please post here and we’ll do our best to answer.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #1 on: 2 Sep 2005, 08:15 pm »
I should clarify that as long as you place an order before midnight, September 15, you have locked in the lower price . . .  this is important because:

a) Right now we are running two-four week backlogs on many of our speakers.  

b) You can place an order and specify a future delivery date, as long as that date is no more than 75 days out.  Folks do this all the time as they're putting together a new home, or a custom HT.

mdubrow

« Reply #2 on: 7 Sep 2005, 02:01 pm »
Mike,
Do you think you'll have an announcement on a Sapphire XL center channel by the end of next week?  I'm deciding what to do for a new center speaker, and if I go with a speaker already in production I'd obviously prefer to get my order in before prices rise.

Thanks!

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #3 on: 7 Sep 2005, 04:29 pm »
The bad news is that it is unlikely that we'll have a formal product announcement for the Sapphire XL Center by next week. The good news is that when we do announce it, you can count on an introductory pricing period. The other good news is that it will be simply awesome :)

mdubrow

« Reply #4 on: 7 Sep 2005, 05:54 pm »
Thanks, Mike.  I have no doubt that acoustically it will be an impressive speaker.  My main concern, though, is the weight: if it's too heavy, it won't work in my setup, unfortunately.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #5 on: 7 Sep 2005, 09:30 pm »
Quote from: mdubrow
Thanks, Mike.  I have no doubt that acoustically it will be an impressive speaker.  My main concern, though, is the weight: if it's too heavy, it won't work in my setup, unfortunately.

All our speakers are pretty heavy, they have to be to sound good :) I should be able to get an approx. weight for you by next week. PM or email me if I don't remember to get back to you. Thanks!

Harry P

« Reply #6 on: 8 Sep 2005, 01:43 am »
Mike, can I order and specify a TENTATIVE ship date? In the process of moving and so many uncertainties. I would like to get an order for the XLs in in, but I may not be able to take delivery in that 75 days. Ideas?

zachwhite0

« Reply #7 on: 9 Sep 2005, 04:07 am »
no! I just about have enough saved up for my Essence V home theater. :(

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #8 on: 9 Sep 2005, 02:40 pm »
Harry and Zachwhite:

Fear not . . .  just email or give us a call soon and we'll help you put something together. We need to be somewhat firm on the 75 days but there's some wiggle room. Better to get the order in, you can always cancel and re-order down the line if it just isn't going to work out. Bottom line, we'll work with you . . . just get with us before next Thursday so we can get something looked in . . .  could certainly be modified later if needed.

Val

« Reply #9 on: 15 Sep 2005, 10:09 pm »
Today I finally took the XL plunge. I opted for the 75-day period but I don't know if I will be able to wait that long before listening to those piano black beauties! In due course I will be ordering the dedicated Sound Anchors too.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #10 on: 15 Sep 2005, 11:45 pm »
Quote from: Val
Today I finally took the XL plunge. I opted for the 75-day period but I don't know if I will be able to wait that long before listening to those piano black beauties! In due course I will be ordering the dedicated Sound Anchors too.

Val:

Congratulations! I doubt you'll be able to hold out for two and a half months :)  If you're going to order the stands, get them locked in before Oct 1 when they go up $100 . . .

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #11 on: 17 Sep 2005, 11:24 am »
TEMPORARY PRICE REPRIEVE:

We were installing a new server this last week and the new prices were NOT yet uploaded to the website shopping cart. They will be on Monday . . .  until then, older prices in effect :)