Response Audio teams with SP Technology

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« on: 31 Aug 2005, 02:40 pm »
Many have recently noticed the latest threads regarding SP's new AV Series speakers. Well, Response Audio has been aware of this for some time now and keeping a close eye on development.

The reasoning for this is that Response Audio has teamed up with Bob at SP Technology. We will be releasing a version of these speakers as a finished product. Working with Bob, I will personally be responsible for the design and assembly of our crossover to be utilized within these speakers within the compounds of our new facility.
 Changes will not only be made to the crossover but also the overall internal arrangements of the system. Obvioulsy, the cabinet design and driver selection must be 100% credited to Bob and his team.
 There will be a few options in finishes available but don't worry, it will be limited as not to overwhelm interested parties. I am also working on a new powder coat finish for them as well.

The R&D is already in the works with a target gold of having the first pair availbe in about 6 weeks.

These speakers will be offered only via Response Audio and its affiliate Jam'n Audio and not available in kit form. All warranty on these speakers will also be dealt with through us.

Further information will be brought forth as this process develops. STAY TUNED!

Now I only have to come up with a name?

Carlman

« Reply #1 on: 31 Aug 2005, 03:47 pm »
How about "SP Tech AV Series"... ? Since that's what they are...
However, I'm not sure I understand what you want... Do you want to rebrand these with a Response Audio nameplate?  The strength of these speakers is that they are SP Tech speakers... I'd just go with something really simple... "SP Tech AVS1"  "SP Tech AVS2" etc...  Just my 2 cents...

Congrats and best of luck.  I've heard the Continuum's and 'WOW'! :)  Very nice speakers.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #2 on: 31 Aug 2005, 03:56 pm »
These speakers will be exclusive but yes, will be based on the SP AV Series and the name will be based on that.
 Once further information is released, things will be much clearer.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
More information.
« Reply #3 on: 7 Sep 2005, 08:56 pm »
A bit more information on the project.

http://www.responseaudio.com/bellaSPAV1.htm

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #4 on: 12 Sep 2005, 01:42 pm »
Greetings All,
  With things progressing forward, there is a lot of big news to be released in the forthcoming days.

The first week(s) of October will bring forth many new events here at Response Audio. I have decided to collaborate all these ventures into one big event. October will bring about a "Grand Opening" in honor of the new facility while at the same time, introducing the new Bella SP/AV-1 loudspeakers which will be available for demostration during the first weeks of October with a planned introductory pricing.

Shortly after the iuntroduction of the Bella speaker will be the delivery of the Usher D2 horn speakers which reside on the other end of the scale in terms of size and pricing.

Future goals are to bring in a pair of SP Technology Continuums and then maybe the Revelation loudspeakers for all those in the North East to have available for audition.

Further information on the Bella SP/AV-1 loudspeaker can be seen at:

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #5 on: 12 Sep 2005, 01:43 pm »
Greetings All,
  With things progressing forward, there is a lot of big news to be released in the forthcoming days.

The first week(s) of October will bring forth many new events here at Response Audio. I have decided to collaborate all these ventures into one big event. October will bring about a "Grand Opening" in honor of the new facility while at the same time, introducing the new Bella SP/AV-1 loudspeakers which will be available for demostration during the first weeks of October with a planned introductory pricing.

Shortly after the iuntroduction of the Bella speaker will be the delivery of the Usher D2 horn speakers which reside on the other end of the scale in terms of size and pricing.

Future goals are to bring in a pair of SP Technology Continuums and then maybe the Revelation loudspeakers for all those in the North East to have available for audition.

Further information on the Bella SP/AV-1 loudspeaker can be seen at: